Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wrong activation code for PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II
[Post New]
Yesterday I bought PowerDVD 10 and installed it. Now when I try to run it, a window appears wanting me to insert the activation code. Of course I entered or copy/pasted the code sent to me by Cyberlink ... and it was INCORRECT! So I immediately posted a support ticket and haven'ŧ received a reply since. I mean, how hard is it to generate a new activation code and send it to me?

I rented a couple of bluray movies with the intention to watch them in the evening and now I'll have to return them without even seeing them.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If you go to Cyberlink>suppoort and your account in there is a page with purchased software and the activation key for the product, just copy the appropriate one and paste in place or write it down.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Hi Jim, thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, it is the same key as I received in my email. And it doesnt work.

Seriously, generating a working activation key and sending it to me should take them one or two minutes at most. Do you have any experience with the Cyberlink support? How long does it usually take them to reply?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't had to much experience with them but when I did they usually responded within 4 days. But feel that support doesn't work weekends, and I am in West coast of Canada (time diffrence) and most of my quaries were on weekends. LOL
Patience...
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
MUSTAFA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2011 16:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as Honza with my PowerDVD10Ultra. Activation key supplied in the email does not work and is the same as the one under Cyberlink>Support.
I've sent a message to Customer Services but am disturbed that your issue still hasn't been resolved.
[Post New]
Ok, I was angry the first couple of days but now I am totally spitting fire.

They say that software piracy would diminish if the software was at a reasonable price and easy to get. PowerDVD is neither. Guess how I will be upgrading to PowerDVD 11 and the whole media suite.

Cyberlink owes me money for the product and for the time I spent trying to get it to work.
[Post New]
I gave up and sent a request for refund to the customer support.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Had the same problem with mine. I actually called the number for buying there software, and the lady talked to tech support for me.
Mine are upgrades from previous versions.
Anyways, tech support actually told her for me too purchase the full version. This made me hot cause I already bought this ONCE. This lady went back to them after I argued with her about this point.
She came back and issued me new key codes.
AWESOME RIGHT?!! They dont work either!!!!