Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Ultra64 - Component Activation Errors
JeffHbk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 17:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All -

I just purchased and installed PD9 Ultra64 a few days ago. This is my 1st experience with Cyberlink. I keep getting two pop ups when I load AVCHD files; 'H.264 Component Activation' and 'MPEG2 Component Activation'. They give me an Activate or Try Now option. I have been clicking Activate but am now getting an error 'Codec Activation Incomplete' and my files fail to load.

Has anyone else seen this? I have 2330a installed.

I opened a Support Ticket but got no response.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2011 10:44

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
hello, jeff. happy new year

my experience is that you have to be online when you click on the activate. i got notified twice about activating h.264 & mpeg2. i don't get the notifications anymore.

happy editing. happy happy joy joy!
PepsiMan 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
slooooowride [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2011 12:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Jef;
f I'm having the same issue, did you find any way to work around it or find a fix.

Thanks

Craig
jfink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2011 20:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. I am connected to the internet, I am trying to load an H.264 MP4 file created by a GoPro Camera, when I try to open it, I get this message:

"You must first activate this feature before using it. Connect to the internet (which I am) and then try again. Activation is a free and quick process. H.264 - Component activation

Remaining: 26 days (down from 31)

Then in the next box I get:

Codec activation incomplete. This may be because the Internet connection was disconnected (it wasn't), or the program activation key is invalid or reached its activation limit (not sure what this means).

Any help is appreciated
just_for_fun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 23, 2010 11:41 Messages: 111 Offline
[Post New]
Had same issue. Uninstalled, cleaned the registry, re-installed, installed update, then it worked. Just For Fun
i7 Core@3.8ghz 6gig mem 3 HDD geForce8400
Canon HF S20
Snowrider52 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Idaho Joined: Nov 29, 2010 10:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, just to add my voice to the chorus it's the same experience. Bought PD 9 ultra 64 on a disc, loaded, activated in the installation process and then when trying to use get the component activation error/incomplete etc messages. Unable to render/save the project. I was online, did both "activate" and "try again". Haven't done jfink's uninstall, clean registry, re-install etc. What do you mean by "clean registry" ?

I'll check back in day or so and hope there is an answer that works.

/Larry
GREG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2011 22:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Mine just expired & I can't import MPEG2, H.264 files into PD9 ULTRA. It's horrible. I spent $100 (Ultra version) on this. I love this program. It worked fine & then this occured. After several different kinds of installs. I used a variety of combinations too. Still same old message comes up.

H.264 - Component activation
Remaining 0 days

I followed the steps technical support gave me which was this;

1. Unistall program. I even used Revo to get all files off.
2. Use Ccleaner which I had to download from Cyberlink.
3. Use new downloaded version (from Cyberlink).
4. Reinstalled & still a useless program.

I am working with M2ts files & that is why I got this program. Now I am limited to using still jpegs, png, & audio files. It's too bad.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?
Technical support has not contacted me in a week.

thank you
slooooowride [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi guys;
I got good news I got it to work today. both of the messages we were getting are gone.

OK here is what I did.
1. uninstall program
2. Ran cCleaner for registery clean up
3.restarted system
4 reinstalled program off my retail disc
5. Then I upgraded to version (build 2504)
6. Started program, PowerDirector9, this time when I was asked to input my activacition CD Key it said it was wrong, it wouldn't work!
7. started all over again
8. uninstalled powerdirector 9
9. ran cCleaner on registery clean up
10. Restarted system
11 reinstalled program off my retail disc
12 This time I started the program, PowerDirector9 before I installed new version or builds from cyberlink website.
13 This time my cd key worked fine
14 Then I upgraded to version (build 2330a)
15.Every thing when smooth as silk the messages never came up
16 I haven't dare to go to version (build 2504) yet, just glad its working now.
17 The day count down is gone.

I hope this works for you guys, I could get no help from cyberlink. They seemed to think I had a scammed version of their software. Mine was retail which I bought on line.

I will keep and eye on this feed and will give more info if I can.

GOOD LUCK
jfink [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm ... worth a try. This is one thing I find very frustrating, the answer "... well mine is working fine!" When you spend this kind of money for an application, you expect it to work out of the box. Editing or cleaning up the registry isn't what I would call a normal installation process. Ok, so where is this cCleaner you speak of? I did a search on the site and it turned up nothing.

Thanks for the help guys.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hmmm ... worth a try. This is one thing I find very frustrating, the answer "... well mine is working fine!" When you spend this kind of money for an application, you expect it to work out of the box. Editing or cleaning up the registry isn't what I would call a normal installation process. Ok, so where is this cCleaner you speak of? I did a search on the site and it turned up nothing.

Thanks for the help guys.

jfink

Have a look here for the cleaner, Cleaner software which assist re-installation when an error has occurred

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
jfink [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the help Halcon. Unfortunately no joy. When through the whole process as described and it did nothing. In fact the days are still counting down with the same 25 days left.
slooooowride [Avatar]
[Post New]
cCleaner can also be found here-http://www.piriform.com/

download and install, click on registry tab on the left hand side. Make sure all boxes are checked, hit scan for Issues. Once it shows problems click on Fix selected issues button, it will ask if you want to back up registery, I never have never seen a need to in this application but you can if you wish. Next window click on fix all issues, then click close. Do this 2 or 3 times on til no more problems show up. Close program and restart computer and reinstall PowerDirector9.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2011 22:36

jfink [Avatar]
[Post New]
<frustration>Thanks slooooowide, it looks like it would be excellent software, but I'm afraid I don't want to spend another $25 trying to fix a problem that should have not happened in the first place. I completely uninstalled my PD9 Ultra 64 ran Cclean (from Cyberlink) both program and SmartSound, reinstalled and same message. I may just contact my seller and send it back. There has to be something out there that can edit MP4 files that are native to my GoPro Hero HD camera without jumping through hoops.</frustration>
slooooowride [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry you havn't had any luck yet. I did miss one item that I did, that could make a difference.

I paused my Anti virus and firewall, I use Kaspersky internet security and they have tab that you click to pause your protection while you do these types of things. I don't know if that had any thing to do with it but give it one more try. I think this is a great program and it seems very easy to use and I'm new at video. Hope this is the trick that will make your software usable.

Craig

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2011 09:34

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jfink,

What build version did you purchase from "your seller", I don't see you've mentioned that anywhere?

" I may just contact my seller and send it back. " Who is that if i may ask please?

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2011 05:41

jfink [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not exactly sure what version I have but I bought it "used" off of Ebay, but I have down loaded and installed the most recent update (I forgot to add that piece). The error message I get is "Codec activation incomplete. This may be because the Internet connection was disconnected (not the problem) or the program activation key is invalid (which it is not since it worked when I loaded the program) or reached its activation limit (...hmmmm). "

I wonder if the person I bought this from used all the activation credits for loading these codecs?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2011 11:36

Ramsey19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2011 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this issue as well. I bought 10 copies from Amazon.com- to use in my classroom. I bought Power Director 9, Deluxe edition. They were NEW unopened retail boxes.

I am willing to provide screenshots, diagnostic files, etc- whatever you need. I have not updated the program to the new version yet.

I am having a lot of problems just trying to get this program installed, activated, and ready to use. I spent pretty much my entire classroom budget on this software. I can't get a refund, and if I can't get this working- it seriously could get me written up at the least and possibly terminated.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi both,
You both need to contact Technical Support:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I'm curious (and you'll need to tell TS) to know what build of PD9 you both have.

Open PD and
select the "?" and then
select from the drop down "About CyberLink PowerDirector"
Next, copy the Full name of the version you have and the build number.
For example mine gives:
PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2504
SR number: VDE101208-05

The information of the installed product NOT the patched or upgrade build.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2011 12:14

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm reading your thread here.
You would think there will be a "hidden fix" somewhere.
I have never bought a "used" program, so I wouldn't know
about experiences with that. My Win7, though, was bought on
Ebay, nothing wrong with it (out-of-the-box).
(People buy a lot of stuff on Ebay, I understand...)

Ramsey;
your post caught my eye. Is your purchace for the classroom
the usual way? Just wondering.....
Where I teach, the usual way to buy software for the classroom
is to buy 1 disc, and then a number of licenses.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Ramsey19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2011 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't find that option, we do ussually do that, buy 1 product and licences to use it, but we aren't allowed to just buy something, we have 2234239483294823948 layers of beauracracy to deal with, and after half a year, and all the problems, that is just how it came to me... 10 boxes with product.