Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PACK QUEUE EMPTY- causes Muxer can't keep muxing
[Post New]
I get error message ----Pack queue empty, causes muxer can't keep muxing. when burning DVD-

OK, I have Power Director 8 ultra, 8.00.3022 - I cleaned up my computer, DID DEFRAG, Downloaded the Patch for Power Director 8 (update). Tried a different movie and that one burned just fine. Then tried another, and the same muxer message came up AGAIN and the DVD disk ruined. It gets almost done burning when this happens. It's weird - one try will work ok, then I try another movie and bam, the message hits again. I take the SAME movie and put it into the Windows DVD Maker and no problems??? I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 BIT, 113 GB Free 3070 MB RAM
I am taking Home movies off VHS and using ION VCR to PC video converter to mpg - then put into Power Director 8. Some burn fine others I get that message. I Shut off my Norton Virus protection during this time also. have all programs off, do have a DSL Box hooked up don't know if that can interfere or not?
Anyhow, I have attached my DX/DIAG and screenshots of error messages. ANYONE have any more thoughts on this?
ruined about 6 dvd discs now. can't figure out why I can take some movies and edit and do fine burning and others I get these messages? ALL of the files I am using were transferred from VHS to computer movie clip .mpg

A few minutes ago I also tried producing to a folder = didn't work got the same pack queue empty message again.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
297 time(s)
[Thumb - Burn ERROR.jpg]
 Filename
Burn ERROR.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
158 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
283 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2010 14:50

[Post New]
also went to EVENT VIEWER in computer and got this information which is attached, I am new to this forum stuff so please be patient with me thanks!!!!
there are similar events about 10 or more also in my Event Viewer- just posting these 2.
 Filename
EventViewer2.rtf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)
 Filename
Event Viewer1.rtf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried burning a folder only?

Uncheck the burn disk option. What happens? Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Yes, I have tried burning to folder - got the same pack queue empty muxer message again. also tried disconnecting my DSL to internet thought that might interfere, nope that didn't work either.

I am about ready to put my whole computer back to the Factory Image, start fresh and reinstall everything!! not too keen on the idea though!!!!

thanks for any suggestions everyone!
[Post New]
I contacted CUSTOMER SUPPORT and did everything they suggested (most of it I had already done on my own) and I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM!! PLEASE find a Fix for your software!