Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Muxer gets incorrect bitrate.
YoyoGraphics [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2010 23:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm just trying to burn a single MOV file onto a DVD. Nothing fancy, just a play button, that's it. It burns the DVD to the 92% mark and I get the error message "Muxer gets incorrect bitrate" and the DVD is ruined.

Is this a problem with my DVD/BluRay burner? Should I convert the file to AVI instead before burning?
FL1180 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2010 01:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I get the exact same message, "Muxer gets incorrect bitrate", when I try to burn a video dvd.

All the files in the content section are correct (there all VTS files) - made from VOB, IFO, and BUD files from a video folder - (not copyright proptected material).

I just sent the issue to help, we'll see if I get anything back.

In the mean time, can anyone advise what might be happinging?

I could not find anything in the Knowledge Inforamtion Database.

Configuration Details:
Power2Go 7.00.1007
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1
Core i7 950
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
2 nVidia GeForce N460GTX graphics cards in SLI mode
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
lukester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2011 13:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I managed to get past this by changing two settings. Not sure which one was the one that did it. I changed turned off the GPU encoding, which actually turned out to make encoding faster on the new 2nd gen sand bridge i5 with a ATI 6470 GPU. I read somewhere that tests also show that the Intel encoder is better than that on the GPU. I also changed the audio encoding to PCM instead of Dolby. This is under the config button and video/audio tab. I suspect it was the change to PCM audio that fixed the problem.

lukester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2011 13:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm gonna guess that Cyberlink tech support didn't do anything for you. I have tried them for a couple problems and get responses like 'update your video card drivers' Cyberlink is very lame with tech support.

FYI I just tried VSO softwares ConvertXtoDVD and it did a two pass encode of the same large files merged and it took 5 minutes longer and the result was so visually superior to what PowerProducer did that I uninstalled Cyberlinks and bought the other. It looks like PowerProducer will not do 2-pass and the output has very obvious lines. Not blocks but the output clearly needs some serious anti-aliasing. Get rid of the cyberlink junk and buy the other. The interface is way easier and it is a much better product.

FL1180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies lukester!

Yes, you are right in the fact I received one email from customer support asking for a screen shot of the error (like that will do any good after I told them verbatim what it said...). After I sent the screen shot - not a "peep" until your post! (not cool Cyberlink!)

I have not tried either turning off GPU acceleration support now changing audio to PCM. I will soon and let you know.

I did get it to work only once when I got rid of the menu and slowed my DVD burner down to 8x (instead of 16x).

However, it took twice as long as Nxro Essxntial x did and you are right in saying the quality was horrible!

The sound garbled, I had to wait until my menu page was done with no chapters.

I had high hopes with the GPU acceleration because it ~25% of one of my video adaptor VPU engine (nothing of the other connected through SLI) while using nearly 80-90% of all 4 (8-logical) cores of my Intel Core i7-950.

The encoding took about 10 minutes so I thought for sure it was going to be spectacular quality.

Wrong! Terrible quality!

I truly hope the moderators of this board do not delete my or your posts to hide these facts. I hope they rush to fish the "bugs" instead"!...

.... or offer a solution or explanation...
FL1180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
BTW, I do not have a new Sandy Bridge processor and you are probably right the encoding mechanism is superior to Pxwer2Gx.

However, I feel like I have plenty of hourse power and do not feel the need to upgrade yet. Upgrading and building computers is a great hobby of mine, but even I need a rest from it every now and then....
njokeedokee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2011 17:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi-

I just upgraded to Power2Go yesterday because I want to make DVD's of the movies I have of my kids.

The first time I tried, I got the same error. It made it to 92% and then it seemed to stop.

I dont like what I'm seeing here.I looks like there has never been a resolution to this problem.

I looked at how to contact Tecnical Support and I'm at a loss. I am just a mom trying to make some DVD's, I have no idea what hardware devices are on my system (capture card, sound card, VGA card) and their specifications.

So now what? Am I stuck with this program that doesnt work? How do I get help for this problem or a refund?
pressman1965 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland Joined: Dec 19, 2009 19:19 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem and get no help from there tech for over a month i have tried
someone has got to have answers Bill