Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create disc page initialization error
[Post New]
Whenever I click on Create Disc, I get the Create disc page initialization error. I have tried uninstalling going through the Registry and removing all PowerDirector reference, then reinstalling with no luck.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Glenn,

We'll need a lot more detail on your problem. Please indicate what it is that you are working (file type and source) with and what your objective is (output type). Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I have tried it with just the sample clips, and with m2ts content I produced on version 8.

When the program loads it shows the sample clips, I click on Create Disk and I get the error. Then I tried both un-produced and produced projects from version 8, same error.

Thanks for your help!
TAYLORBURR@AOL.COM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2010 16:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem. I have everything edited and ready. When I click Create Disc, I get the Create disk page initialization error. I've tried the patch. I've reinstalled. No luck. I created my file in version 9, and it will not allow me to open it when I installed version 8.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please read and provide the 3 basics below plus the image of the error message.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2010 04:45

Wolfman1973 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2010 15:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It's nice to know that I am not alone in this error message; I get it too. I've un-installed/re-installed, updated drivers, and downloaded the latest patches all to no avail. Has anyone ever figured out what is going on here? I really like this program, but burning DVDs is a major part of why I got this program.
 Filename
PD9 Error Report.doc
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
184 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
526 time(s)
 Filename
TracyWilsonDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
413 time(s)
bomarco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2010 14:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
SAME PROBLEM, TRIED everything everything everything....
SAME RESULT
It's good to know I am not alone....
[Post New]
I too was having this problem after upgrading from 8 to 9. I did 2 things that fixed mine:

1. Copied the folder "MyTitles" from the PowerDirector 8 folder to the PowerDirector 9 folder.
2. Downloaded and installed new menus from Director Zone.

For some reason it worked and I can at least open the Create Disc page. Haven't made a disc yet...
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Could all of the users posting to this thread please provide their DXdiag files, as per Dafydd's request ? It is required to see what the commonalities are in each of your systems. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with PD 9. Here is my Dxdiag file.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag File
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the diagnostic File.

Please can you provide the build version numbers for the PowerDirector 9 you're using?
open PD
Look to the right and see the name "PowerDirector", Click it.
Up pops the About information display.
See the whole string of numbers next to PD, that's the data required please.

The information is requested to get you a solution asap.

thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 12:44

[Post New]
Dafydd,

I realized that there was a later version posted. I updated and the error has gone away. Thanks for following up.

SL
gkruse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: the netherlands Joined: Jun 02, 2011 11:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here,
pd 9.0.0.2316
how to add the dxdiagn ?
gkruse [Avatar]
[Post New]
Same problem here,
pd 9.0.0.2316

Filename
DxDiagg kruse.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
315 time(s)
[Post New]
gkruse;

After reviewing your DXDIAG, there are three things you should do to correct this error. Any ONE of them might work, but PLEASE, do all three for best results and future compatibility:

1. Free up some harddrive space. The C: drive is below the level of free space suggested for JUST the OS. Delete or move files to DVD if you need them. I recommend that you do this BEFORE you attempt to download or run the items below.

2. Update your video drivers, they are 3 years old. Here is a link to the correct drivers (you ARE running 32 bit, correct?):
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-275.33-whql-driver.html
IF 64BIT, use this link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

3. Update PD9 to the most recent codeset. As shown above in this thread, this often fixes the error:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

4. REBOOT (even if not prompted)

Please come back and let us know if this resolved the issue.

P.S. - I might also suggest that you CAN update your BIOS..there have been at least a FEW updates since your 2008 version. You have an ASUS motherboard, correct? (this is an optional step, but I always say current programs LIKE current hardware/firmware):
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5Q_PRO/#download

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 05. 2011 15:59

gkruse [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the advice,
I have done it all and it still does not allow me to "create disk" at 94 % project information processing the power director stops working and quits.
NB the link in your reply for the update of pd 9 results in pd saying my serial no. is not correct. I went to the update directly downloaded again which solved this inconvenience.

regards,
Gerard