Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LG's portable super multi drive gp08nu20 - no sound
RicardoCF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arequipa Peru Joined: Dec 09, 2010 08:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I bought four days ago an LG portable super multi drive gp08nu20, I followed the installation procedure from the CD that came along in the box. The portable super multi drive runs well with audio CDs, but whenever I try to watch a movie I can see the image fine but there is no sound whatsoever. A Dolby screen shows up and asks me to go to a site where I have to pay 14,99 Euros in order to be able to get the sound installed.
Had I known there was going to be trouble with LG's portable super multi drive, I would have bought the same product from SAMSUNG. (which by the way was a little more economical).

Please help me download at no cost a patch which will overcome the problem with sound. Otherwise, I'll have to take the multidrive to the store from which I bought it and exchange it.

Thanks,
Ricardo Ricardo Cordero
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

the Version you use is a so called "OEM" Version - the vendor, LG in your case, orders a customized Version of POwerDVD.
Seems that your Version is without Dolby Support as a result.
This is not a bug for the version you use.

please provide the PDVD detail Version and SR-Number (both in about box - SR is NOT the serial key)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan