Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] Consistant error message reloading Power DVD 9
Grayfox72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2010 14:57 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working with Tech service for a month now, and they have still not found the cause of error : Unhandled Exception: Error 0x80040702, Failed to load dlly Path Checker!!!!!!
I have tried everything they told me, to uninstall, reinstall, check the registry and delete any references to Power DVD. ( there were none, nor any files and folder, INCLUDING any HIDDEN folders )
Has anyone else experienced this problem,? I had Power DVD 9 installed and running on my PC for months with no issues until my HD died an early death, now that I need to reinstall using Cyberlink's download path they gave me, I get to the moment of install where I type in my name & company ( none ), and when I hit NEXT, the error message appears every time !!
My system is running Win7-64
I am getting frustrated with Tech services because I now have to chase them for answers, it takes days for them to get back to me with another fix and only have reminding them that I am still down for the count with this problem. And $29 for telephone service?? Are you freeking crazy? None of my other vendors charge for telephone service AND, they have CHAT service also. What gives with el cheapo Cyperlink?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 04:28

Attitude + Behavior = Performance
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please check this postings:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13594.page#67948

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Grayfox72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael, thank you for answering me, the frustration grows by the day, this is one month and not solved. I went to the forum link above that you mentioned, and then went to the links that supposedly had the two missing .dll's. That link brought up the web site DLL-files.com and the download was a Registry checker. I already use a Registry checker and the Registry is clean, I need the missing files. Aryan has been working my case and he keeps telling me to download a 122 mb file that tells me it is only 113 mb before I even begin the download!! I have run CL Cleaner many times, it says it was successful, no surprise because all Power DVD files are gone and registry is also clean. Every time I try to load DVD9 it gets to the page after I enter my name and the error code appears: Unhandled Exception, Error 0x80040702 Failed to load dlly Path Checker. So what is the answer? Downloading over and over a file that is 113mb that is supposed to be 122 mb is not the answer. Running CLCleaner 15 times is not the answer. Disabling anti virus and firewall is not doing it either. It is obvious to me that I need the missing .dll's for Path Checker
HELP!! Attitude + Behavior = Performance
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
please check:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13594.page#69166

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Grayfox72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael, I did check that post and went to the URL, but it brings up a site that wants to sell a service for dll's, I thought what you were giving me was the location to download the missing dll's for Power DVD Ultra version 9. I fixed the problem however by downloading the FREE TRIAL version of Power DVD version 10. Apparently, this has all the drivers and DLL's that your website did not provide with the re-install version of version 9. So after downloading the free trail version, I then proceeded to install the re-install version of Power DVD 9 which loaded with no more error messages, and this version was 113mb, NOT 122 MB.
Thank you Michael for your help,

Regards,

Grayfox

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2010 14:51

Attitude + Behavior = Performance