Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still have transition woes
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The default transition is not CROSS TRANSITION, which is what the VAST majority of us use. I have to CHANGE it from overlap to cross over EVERY TIME....

What is wrong with those Cyberlink people???????

One step forward and 10 backwards... typical....

Not the only problem they did not fix....

Geeeez.................................... very disappointing.............. again...............

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Bubba,

If you have an issue, don't be shy, spell it out, tell us what you really think and,

JOIN THE CLUB

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 16:43

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bubba,

ain't it fun?

(New skypeaccount, try me again if you will)
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Most of my projects will have a couple hundred transitions..... having to worry about changing EVERY ONE from overlay to cross , which we have NEVER had to do before, will cause a lot of irritation on my end. AND I have another issue which I will give in another post concerning my video display options...

What happened to the good old days when you could fix things by editing the .ini file?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 13:07

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Cross transitions do not work as they should (they are not proper motion transitions and produce still video either side of the mid point). So it's good that the overlap transitions, which work correctly, are the default. However, choice would appear to have been the most comprehensive solution, in the absence of a fix for the cross transition type.
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Having just done a project with over 100 Cross transitions, I can tell you DON"T DO IT. Besides the pain in the butt factor, there is one more gotcha. When you insert a transition near the beginning of the movie it takes forever. It defaults to Overlap as you've seen and shortens your timeline. Then when you do the switch, PD9 has to lengthen the timeline again and push everything out. On my computer that took over a minute any time I had to put a transition in.

Just say no unfortunately.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, tell CL that they must release an urgent new pd9 build, because this cross transition will be a nightmare for all. I think that we all already have a cross transition in our cerebellums