Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Switching to TMT 5 - why can't PowerDVD 10 support Blu-ray 3D just as well
xmax [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2010 22:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've been trying to get Blu-ray 3D support working in Power DVD 10 for a while - fiddling with output settings, drivers etc. and while it did work at the end it was unusable:
- First, the video is more of a slide show with freezing frames and audio even worse
- Second, the TV wasn't automatically switched to 3D mode and required going through TV menus to manually enable/disable it

While looking for a solution I stumbled upon a post about Total Media Theatre and decided to download a trial. Both issues were gone - the video was silky smooth and TV switched to 3D mode automatically. All that and I did not have to change a single option or setting - download, install, run! I've been using PowerDVD for a long time but shelling out the $$ for version 10 upgrade just to get 3D, spending hours trying to get it to work and not being able to use it in the end is painful.

If anyone has ideas on how to make PDVD10 Blu-ray 3D work I'm all ears.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Radeon HD 5870

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi xmax,

you may post some more info about your environment - without info nobody will be able to give you an hint.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AFWriter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2010 22:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I have to go with xmax here. I fought with PowerDVD 10 for three hours trying to get it to work in 3d, and it kept having issues with my Samsung monitor -- saying it's not 3D capable, when I know it is because it works fine with my PS3 and with PC games like World of Warcraft.

No amount of playing with settings helped.

After reading this, I downloaded the trial of Total Media Theatre, and it worked right off the bat. No muss, no fuss, no fighting with settings. I just put my copy of How To Train Your Dragon in 3D in the drive, it picked it up and read it. I got the prompt to turn on my glasses, and it was perfect.

Now, I'm just waiting to get my refund back for this buggy piece of software so I can buy a solution that works.

Thanks xmax.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you share some more information with me:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan