Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snowy picture with sound
glron@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2010 18:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys

Got powerdvd 10 plays blue rays but not blue ray 3d. Thats when I get the snowy picture with sound.
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_DAVID-PC_2010_11_10_20_25_30.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)
glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The only reason I got the blue ray disk to work was because of a program called AnyDVD. Not sure whats wrong with it. I put in the blue ray disk and powerdvd told me it was unsupported. Do I have to install other plugins to get powerdvd to work?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

your display is not able to support Blu-Ray 3D - please chcek this info page:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Requirements_uk.html

please also try the BD advisior when using 120Hz on your display

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Without the other program Anydvd powerdvd won't play a normal dvd. I don't have 3d going all the time. I aready ran it brfore I got powerdvd it passed it. Ok what you telling me is my monitor is the problem. Will you guys add support for viewsonic?
glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok did what you said and it passed. Heres the save log.
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_DAVID-PC_2010_11_11_12_26_30.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You guys need to work on your software. The advisor told me 3d would work now you guys telling me my monitor won't work. I'm not paying more money to get 3d to work on my pc. I would like a refund please. I'm not sure why my monitor isn't supported but it works with Anydvd software.
glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I talked to someone from nvidia today and they helped me test my pc. Said it was nothing wrong with my system. They snowy screen only happens when it's in full screen mode problem I'm having is to find out how to get the program to work in normal mode. I also reinstalled powerdvd 8 and have the same problem almost like I'm missing a file or something needed to play any type movie.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2010 20:21

glron@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok got picture working with dvd and blue rays now. Just incase anyone else has this problem it was the resolution. Still no 3d tho. I still don't understand the rsolution shouldn't have fixed this problem. 1 reason I say this is because I went back to my starting resolution and it's still playing. Now I did have 2 dvd players and disconected one of them maybe that fixed the problem. I've looked on cyberlink's website site and my 3d monitor Viewsonic isn't supported. Question I have now will it be or do I need to buy another monitor?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2010 22:10