Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple question...I hope.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I have just upgraded to PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D to play my Blu-Ray DVD. All I want to do is play the Blu-Ray full screen. Full Screen as in using the entire realestate no bars top and bottom. I have a 16:9 screen but I still get the bars.

I have tried the true theatre stretch, both options but still black bars top and bottom.

Is there a setting that lets me stretch the video to the whole screen? I don't care if it ends up stretched I just want to use all of my screen.

Thanks

Robert 2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
David_H [Avatar]
Member Location: U.S. Joined: Jan 08, 2009 16:19 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert2 S,

I've never been able to change the aspect ratio or zoom level on my system with PowerDVD 10 Ultra because hardware acceleration is required for blu-ray disc playback. The only time these features have been available to me has been when I play a DVD and turn hardware acceleration off.

In my experience, the use of hardware acceleration prevents these (and other features) from being available. However, the advantages of hardware acceleration on my older WinXP computer are worth it for DVD's. As for blu-ray discs, my system cannot play them any other way---hardware acceleration is always locked on when I play a blu-ray disc with PowerDVD 10 Ultra.

In your case, if you can turn hardware acceleration off while viewing a blu-ray, then it may be possible to use PowerDVD's custom theater mode or one of the zoom settings to fill your display vertically. Personally, I would hate to lose picture (you'll only be seeing a part of the picture).

However, if you can turn hardware acceleration off and you still cannot control the theater mode and zoom settings still do not work, then it may simply not be allowed for the blu-ray disc you are playing. Each blu-ray disc has its own restrictions on which player features are available.

Finally, when I need to zoom in, I use a different trick: I use the zoom setting of my display. The menu on my display allows me to zoom in on anything in 10% increments.

Kind regards, David
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David,

Thanks very much for your in depth reply. I have tried every combination I can think of and no luck with my Blu-ray disc.

I can get it to work with my DVD if I turn off hardware acceleration, the only thing is it really zooms in too far, there doesn't seem to be a way to just zoom in until the movie touches the edge of the screen like when I use Media player Classic with my DVD's.

Oh well I will keep looking. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn