Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Subtitle @ PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II 3D (Build.2113)
DATAVIEWER2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2010 14:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been experiencing some issues with PowerDVD 10 and here are what I found out:

1. It could not display the subtitle when playing the DVD movie file ( AUDIO_TS + VIDEO_TS) on my hard drive. All features related to "DVD Subtitle Menu" were gray-out! (But with the identical movie on the DVD disc, the PowerDVD 10 played the subtitles just fine, no problems).

2. From "Video" tab / "Source", when I navigated to the VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive, the PowerDVD 10 could not detect the file named VIDEO_TS.IFO, and that was the reason why the PowerDVD could not display the subtitle during the movie file playback.

3. And this is very strange..! When I manually opened the VIDEO_TS folder, I discovered that the VIDEO_TS.IFO file was associated with Cyberlink PowerDVD 10. From here, if I click on this file (VIDEO_TS.IFO), the PowerDVD will be opened and played the movie just fine, and this time the subtitle was displayed perfectly!

4. So...my questions is: Why the PowerDVD 10 could not see the VIDEO_TS.IFO (it contained all information of the movie file) in the first place .

I appreciate your insights!

My PC:
- Windows XP-sp3
- Intel P4 / CPU Clock=2.80GHz / RAM=2.0GB

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2010 18:39