Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Boards
myaggie2
Newbie Location: New Mexico Joined: Oct 16, 2010 21:36 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I apologize. I know my questions are about basic functions. But I've spent hours scouring the manual I downloaded and watching your tutorials to no avail. So here again is my basic functions question:

I'm assuming the color board's purpose is to be a background color for your video. But when I place it in the master timeline it acts as if it's just another image and plays as if it was a video or image.

Can you guide me to the information on how to use the color boards?

Thankx so much in advance for all your help.
Have the best day ever,
Aggie Villanueva
Promotion a la Carte
http://www.promotionalacarte.com
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi aggie,

You are right it does act as a picture. So if you want to have a solid background during your entire video:

1. You place a COLOR BOARD on the main timeline....adjust the time duration to the length of your entire project.
2. Then you place all your video and pictures on the PIP tracks....which you can add 8 more I think.
3. Keep in mind when you place a picture or a video on a PIP Track....you then need to resize it to your liking....they all are going to be initially smaller in size in the PREVIEW SCREEN.

4. Also, with this technique you won't be able to use any of the TRANSITIONS inbetween the pictures and video clips that you place on the PIP Tracks. The only transition you can have is the FADE. You can select the fade transition by placing the image or video clip on the PIP track....select the image on the PIP track...select the MODIFY button that appears on top of the timelines. Then select the center TAB on the left side of the PIP Designer Window. You should then see "FADE IN" and a "FADE OUT" selection that you need to check off.

Hope this gets you further down the road in your project.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
myaggie2
[Post New]
Oh yes, it does. You are heaven sent. This gives me enough understanding to work around things.

I didn't understand any of this from the manual I downloaded. It just shows you how to click this button and that to use the various functions, not one word about what the function is even for, it's various uses and limitations etc.

I usually master programs fairly quicly but this one is not real intuitive. I can use all the help I can get.

I loved your color board video. I had gone to YouTube (as the forum posts here advised) but didn't find this one there. Thankx again. Have the best day ever,
Aggie Villanueva
Promotion a la Carte
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aggie,

I see you subscribed to our little tutorial channel....Thank You....It has some helpful videos.

Mastering a video editing program is a daunting task. There are so many things you can do with it....You know what you want to do in your head....but then you have to figure out out to transer your idea using the program. I'll tell you....it takes time and lots of practice. The more smaller projects you tackle trying new things the easier it will become. I suppose I could say the same thing about lots of software....One comes to mind that involves creating SPREADSHEETS!! I don't have a clue how to use all the things in that program. I feel like a Captain without a Ship!! Floundering around in a FOG!!

There are lots of things that I am still learning. Some of the functions just take practice and are not done "without thinking", while other techniques I can ZIP right through without a thought.

Keep at it!!

Regards,

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
myaggie2
[Post New]
Thankx, Kevin. I am.

I've made three videos in the last four days, but each of them are not what I wanted for just the reasons you stated. I'll keep at it. Thankx. Have the best day ever,
Aggie Villanueva
Promotion a la Carte
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Cap'n Kevin is one of the creators of PDTOOTS.

You might want to check out the Cyberlinkchannel.
There are lots of tutorials there also.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CyberLinkChannel&view=videos Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.