Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 8 OEM and 24fps...
Drunk Kal-El [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 23:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Like a lot of people here I bought an LG BD Drive and PowerDVD8 came with. It's a very nice software suite, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get 24fps while playing a Blu-Ray. The true theater options on DVD seem to enable 24fps, but Bu-Ray (although it still looks miles better than DVD) appears to be running in 3:2 pull down. Any help?

PowerDVD 8 Version 8.0.03228f.50
SR Number DVD100201-01
Vista Home Premium x86
Asus GeForce en9500gt 1Gig DDR Sli Ready
Latest Geforce Drivers
Nvidia HD Audio
Realtek HD Audio
Samsung Syncmaster - DVI
Envision EN7220 - RGB
Extended view Dual setup
Using Avast! AV
Drunk Kal-El [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry forgot my DXDIAG log...
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
159 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

to get 24fps output you need to set your display to 24fps in the Graphics adaptors setting page.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Drunk Kal-El [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for replying...sorry if I seem a bit dense, but where would I be able to find the graphics adapter settings page? In PowerDVD?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
This is an setting of you Graphics Adaptor and can not be found in PowerDVD it is a system wide setting that can be found either in the windows System setting for your display and in the Settings App for your VGA - both are located in the Control Panel

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Drunk Kal-El [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok...as I have sussed out, 24fps requires a monitor (or television) capable of at least 120 hz, as my monitor can only do 75 hz, I don't think I can get 24 fps. My question now is this; how come the True Theater settings will allow 24fps on a dvd, but, because the monitor is not 120hz, won't do the same for Blu-Ray? Any ideas?