Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with Power director 5 NE express
Jayme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2007 01:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Came with my JVC videocamera. The cd says "JVC Digital photo Navigator"
It all says "Cyberlink" and has powercineam ne, powerproducer 3 ne, powerdirector 5 ne express. Now, there was no cd key on the paper the cd came in, and i dont see any cd key on the cd itself. I bought the upgrade to powerdirector 6, and when i go to run the upgrade.exe it has a error that says i do not have a retail version of 4 or greater installed. WTF? I dont have a damn cd key, am i missing something????? Please help.
Kirrili [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 07:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Check on your members page, it should give you your keys there Kirrili
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
The same software came with my camera.
Insert the disc into your CD Reader, Double Click on "install.exe," Click on "Instal Cyberlink DVD Solution", choose "Setup Language" and click "OK," on the next window click "Next", Click "Yes" in the next window, the next window should have the CD Key pre-inserted in the field.
Good luck, I found Power Director NE some what limited in its audio editing facilities, but it is easy to master for a newbie and I am going to purchase a copy of PD6. John
Alain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2007 16:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem than de one Jayme described.
If i launch PowerDirector 5 NE Express, then it ask me to fill in a Cd-Key of 30 digits.
For you information, i have followed the procedure sent by "Cyberlink Support" requesting me to uninstall and reinstall PowerDirector software, but this with any succes.

Jayme, do you have now a solution for this issue ?

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2007 12:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
You are lucky, all the CyberLink software that came with my new JVC GZ-MG142EK will not install at all. After selecting the English language, it then says "Installation Support File Could Not Be
Loaded". Error Loading Type Library/DLL.

I contacted the Support Centre and they just asked me to install it on another computer, which would be OK if I had one. Anyone any ideas please as it would be nice to see whapPower Director will do.
Sharad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2008 10:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this same issue for a user at my site. They have they JVC GZ-HD3U camcorder and have been using it without any problems, but his computer went down, and now the software won't work on his new computer. Everything looks like it installs, but then whenever he tries to open up PowerDirector he is asked for a CD Key. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times without any success. I installed it on another computer and it worked. I then tried on 5 machines and it worked on 2 and had problems on 3. I noticed that on the machines it has problems during the installation it never asks for name and company information where the cd key automatically pops up. On the computers that the software works on, it asks for name/company and shows the Product Key which is only about 16 characters not 30 like the one I am being asked for. Also on the computers where the software does not work, Power Director is not in the Start Menu, but is installed on the computer and is in Add/Remove Programs.
Melchy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2008 13:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as Alain, the software is asking for a cd key like this ABYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY-YYYYY but the cyberlink support site tells me my cd key is like this ABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
I contacted cyberlink who said to uninstall then reinstall after editing the registry but the same thing happened. they also said if that didn't work then to contact JVC as it was their problem. I'm still trying to find a way to contact the JVC support people, all their links seem to go around in circles and end up at their sales page.
Anyone had any luck with this yet? I'm not dead, that's my normal smell.
Ron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 11:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The number I use to get JVC is 800-252-5722. Unfortunately they'll pass the buck back to cyberlink. I bought my camera in February and have not been able to get Pdx to work. When I try to import the video it crashes and everyone acts like this has never happened before. Good Luck.