Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Code = 0110 -- Dual Monitors and HDCP?
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2007 03:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Help, I'm trying to get my system to play commercial BD movies on PowerDVD under Vista, and am getting the error message "Error Code = 0110", "Fail to enable HDCP."

The HDCP advisor shows my system as "green light" everywhere, and it should be (Dell XPS 710, NVidia GForce 8800GTX, Sony BWU-100A BD player, dual Dell 2407 LCDs, each connected via DVI).

If I disable either monitor in control panel, I can play a movie -- but the goal was to be able to play a movie on one monitor, and work on the other! Ack.

Any and all help, or at least a definition of what Error Code = 0110 means (i.e. where in the HDCP chain is this fault?!!?!) would be **VERY** appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
The Blu-ray disck or HD-DVD playback environment, it doesn't support output to dual display.
U can try to read CL's info.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/answerbox_productfaq.jsp?FID=2599
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks -- their "projector" analogy didn't ring a bell with my standard dual-monitor setup. I wasn't trying to display the movie on both screens, but it seems CyberLink is unaware of which monitor it is running, so long as the system as a second available.

Disabling the monitor from the display control panel lets me play video... of course now I can't play video and work at the same time.

There has to be a work-around for this, since *so* many people with high end machines have dual monitors.... and all the new 30" screens are dual input single monitors. Does anyone know within which driver set the problem exists? PDVD for not detecting which monitor it's running on? NVidia for not ??, MS because they are...

Lastly, in a last ditch effort to still make a legally purchased movie work in a brand new $7,000 new computer without turning off half of my display functionality, I found a program called "AnyDVD" from "SlySoft.com". It appears to have the ability to remove this god-foresaken HDCP -- as well as do a bunch of other stuff I could care less about.

Is these a similar program that can be purchased that works around the HDCP dual monitor issues without all of the other 'copy' components in AnyDVD? Or is this even a good path to go down to get the movies *I purchased* working on the new hardware I purchased at extra costs to support this new-fangled poorly thought out copy protection scheme?

I'm frustrated, but thankeful to those who can help shed some light on this, and hopefully make a post that will help the many more certain to come after me with the same issues.

Thanks again,
Scott

Etchells [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2006 05:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried anydvd with dual monitors?

Does it allow dual monitor operation? it certainly removes the HDCP issues.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Have you tried anydvd with dual monitors?

Does it allow dual monitor operation? it certainly removes the HDCP issues.

Yes -- it does. It let's me play a blu-ray movie on either monitor, and continue to work on the other. Exactly what I wanted to do. It sits in the tray, and only takes a couple seconds when a new dvd is inserted to do it's work.

Frustrating that I have to use software like that for an end-to-end purchased / legal movie playing path... but at least there is an option that lets it work.

-Scott
Etchells [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2006 05:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with you I use anyDVD and it works great before I just got HDCP errors all the time. Whoever dreamt up this HDCP stuff is a grade A idiot, they are just annoying there paying consumers.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2007 01:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Im getting the same error message but I just use one monitor. I have one of those new Dell 30 inch monitors and it runs natively at 2560x1600. What is interesting that I've found is if I lower my desktop resolution down to 1280x800 then I can play blue ray movies.

I think its related to how much data is needed to be transmitted, its like PowerDVD can't figure out how to encode the HDCP stuff once I get to a certain resolution. Maybe this is your problem too? perhaps with the 2nd monitor there is to much bandwidth being transmitted at powerDVD can't encode the HDCP stuff any more?

Its totally not cool that I have to change my desktop resolution every time I want to watch a movie. All my icons on my desktop get repositioned and it makes it look very pixelated, I might as well be watching a DVD instead if I have to watch it at 1280x800 thats not even 1080p rez.

-Peter