Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DOwnload problem
DANIEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2010 13:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased the power director 8 and waited about 10-15 min for the download ...everything was fine, but when i double click on the finished download i just get a bunch of jibberish in a text document and it says cannot play in DOS. I just bought an i-mac and am new to it ... am I doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance, peace.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I think your first problem is you have a Mac computer.

Powerdirector does not say anything about working in a Mac. It seems to be a Windows only software.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_US.html Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,

Carl312 is correct, PowerDirector is for Windows platform systems only, CyberLink do not provide a Mac version. If you purchased within the last 30 days, apply for an immediate refund, through Digital River, if any issues contact Technical Support direct, if you still have refund problems, report back here and we will follow up for you.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
You can operate an iMac with a Windows 7 operating system. I'm not an expert, but my nephew runs Windows and Linux on his Mac. There are several better video editing systems for the Mac, so you ought to do some more research.
luminita bulgaria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2023 00:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Daniel,

Carl312 is correct, PowerDirector is for Windows platform systems only, CyberLink do not provide a Mac version. If you purchased within the last 30 days, apply for an immediate refund, through Digital River, if any issues contact Technical Support direct, if you still have refund problems, report back here and we will follow up for you.

Robert

hello, is still Power Director only for Windows ? Two days ago I purchased the Power Director Ultimate editor, but when i download the fies it says they are for windows and my computer is a Mac... What should I do? is there a method to replace it with a Mac version or i have to apply for a refund? IF you have any answers it will help so much... Thank you!