Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video clips are flickering.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
i don't think its a hardware bug.

The GTX970 runs with other Softwware (like TMPGEnc Mastering Works 6, Magix Video Deluxe) perfectly.

And both supports HW De/Encoding with NVEnc.

It's still an Cyberlink "Feature", i think.

There's a bug in Cyberlink PD13 Software Code.

You see it, if you create a Disc with HW Encoding (by Geforces) enabled. There are Chapter Errors and Problems with FastForward/Fast Rewind.

Intel Quick Sync is better. There is no Software or Driver. It's implemented in Hardware, thats the adavantage. There is no need to install Drivers. And the Drivers are one source of Errors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2015 01:41

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i don't think its a hardware bug.

The GTX970 runs with other Softwware (like TMPGEnc Mastering Works 6, Magix Video Deluxe) perfectly.

And both supports HW De/Encoding with NVEnc.

It's still an Cyberlink "Feature", i think.

There's a bug in Cyberlink PD13 Software Code.

You see it, if you create a Disc with HW Encoding (by Geforces) enabled. There are Chapter Errors and Problems with FastForward/Fast Rewind.

Intel Quick Sync is better. There is no Software or Driver. It's implemented in Hardware, thats the adavantage. There is no need to install Drivers. And the Drivers are one source of Errors.

You get the Intel QS drivers just like any other GPU. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+4600

If you have time, post a GPU-Z sensor screen of your Nvidia GTX970 HA encoding with PD and the other products that work ok, so 3 pics. A screen like attached.

Jeff
[Thumb - gpuz.png]
 Filename
gpuz.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
116 time(s)
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
You're right with the Intel Driver. But i think yet that intel Quick sync works more reliable and mature. It's my opinion.

Sorry, couldn't do anymore with GPU-Z.

I have exchanged the graphic card. Now my friend had the GTX970 and mine is an ASUS Strix GTX960.

He's an Hardcore Gamer.

I'm happy with it. Small, Thrifty, very quiet and could decode H.265 in Hardware. It's the best solution for me and for Video Creating with All Software i use.

Since my son is there, i didn't have much time to play games

There's no need to have a GTX970 if i don't play games intensivly.

That's it.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry, couldn't do anymore with GPU-Z.

I have exchanged the graphic card. Now my friend had the GTX970 and mine is an ASUS Strix GTX960.

Charts from the GTX960 will serve the same purpuse, I'd like to see where your encoding load is on the GPU for your other products that appear to work.

Jeff
[Post New]
From this discussion I drew some conclusions, it seems PD13 even have a coding error, I always got FullHD videos interlaced, this video posted by blasiusxx (Progressive) let me see clear a shaky problem that is already shown in the preview timeline and seems to prevail after the rendered video.
Example: video soft touches directly from media library, already from the time hà flicker line.

Here I achieved good results producing the same profile of the original video.
Also in interlaced mode FR up to 59.94, still curious that the file has the same size as the other produced with FR 29.97.

I do not remember well that PD version, in Regedit I could switch between WMR9 and WMR7 in line Video Rendered.

At that time for me to WMR7 it was better to preview the image of the timeline and perhaps also for the produced video.

I do not have this option, only WMR9 this available.

Does anyone have any idea about WMR9 x WMR7 AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The forum search today for vrm9 did no good at all but it looks like borgus1 can help you. See this old link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/30984.page . I also recall other things mentioned but Search comes up empty for some reason. You have a AMD and not a nVidia card so this link may not be relevant to you.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Sorry, couldn't do anymore with GPU-Z.

Charts from the GTX960 will serve the same purpuse, I'd like to see where your encoding load is on the GPU for your other products that appear to work.

Jeff

Okay, here they are with GTX960.
[Thumb - Convert to MP4 with TMPGEnc 6 with NVEnc.gif]
 Filename
Convert to MP4 with TMPGEnc 6 with NVEnc.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)
[Thumb - PD13 Create Disc to 1080i HW Encode On.gif]
 Filename
PD13 Create Disc to 1080i HW Encode On.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
[Thumb - Convert to MP4 with Nero Recode.gif]
 Filename
Convert to MP4 with Nero Recode.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 07. 2015 02:49

[Post New]
Quote: The forum search today for vrm9 did no good at all but it looks like borgus1 can help you.

See this old link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/30984.page .

I also recall other things mentioned but Search comes up empty for some reason. You have a AMD and not a nVidia card so this link may not be relevant to you.

I saw the post borgus1 shows different from what I had at the time.

I could choose between WMR7 and WMR9 and made a difference in iamgem the preview in the timeline.

These regedit just have WMR9 and move 9 to 7 makes no difference.

I think WMR7 been disabled by Windows update or Cyberlink.

A search for HDC did not return anything to WMR7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2015 20:06

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Don't know why a forum search of vmr7 or vmr9 only leads to PlaySound's thread here. Here is one post in it's entirety about vrm7 and vrm9: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30984.page#171425 . There are countless other posts on vmr9 I remember. Hope that this can get you started on editing the registry.

Let us know if this helps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 07. 2015 12:15

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Man - this thread is longer than *this* one!

tomasc - the search engine here is wobbly at the best of times. Try "googling" vmr7 site:forum.cyberlink.com if you want results laughing

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2015 17:55

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Joshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2015 21:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm using GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 every time i create an M2TS file it flicker it didn't happen on the previous GeForce GTX 960 after i sold it even i go back to PD12 it does the samething. I was wondering any update of PD version that would support GeForce GTX 970 issue
JohnTS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2011 17:28 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to PD13 and started having flickering video in edit mode. It worked fine on my laptop which has a faster processor and more memory but the flicker continued on my desktop despite adding more memory (the solution for everything). I tried numerous suggested solutions with no change. Then, today, I noticed an individual who had solved his problem by unchecking "hardware acceleration" in PD13 preferences. Hey, wouldn't you think "hardware acceleration" would be good. I've tried everything and didn't expect that to work... but IT DID !!!! Now everything is right with the world again..... JohnT
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
As i said only the Geforce GTX970/980 produces the flickering in PD12 and PD13. With all Geforce Drivers.

The GTX960 doesn't have this issue in combination with the same drivers and PD12 and PD13.

With other Video Creating Software there is no flickering.

The Only Solution was to deactivate the Hardware Acceleration in the Main Menu Settings of PD12 an 13. But then the Editing was very slowly, if i create a longer film.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2015 05:57

JohnTS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2011 17:28 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like I might need to buy a new video card, or a new PC. The PC I have is an old Gateway with an Intel I7, 2.67 GHZ processor, 12 GB mem, and a Geoforce GTX280 video card. Thanks for your help. JohnT
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, only GTX970 has this issue. Gtx280 i don't think so.