Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview window background colour - can it be changed?
Azimuth Images [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2020 04:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried a good look around but there's a chance I'm not using the right term to describe my issue.

I often need videos to be 1,920 X 1,080 even if the clip itslef can't be made to fit that so I'm happy for the output to have a black band either top and bottom, or left and right depending on original clip size.

However the background colour of the preview window is so dark it's near imnpossible for me to accurately size things. Is it possible (and if so how please?) to change the colour. I can't see anything on preferences, tried right click to no avail so a little stuck

I made a screen shot to show this - but can't for the life of me work out how to add it here unless I upload it to the web?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've tried a good look around but there's a chance I'm not using the right term to describe my issue.

I often need videos to be 1,920 X 1,080 even if the clip itslef can't be made to fit that so I'm happy for the output to have a black band either top and bottom, or left and right depending on original clip size.

However the background colour of the preview window is so dark it's near imnpossible for me to accurately size things. Is it possible (and if so how please?) to change the colour. I can't see anything on preferences, tried right click to no avail so a little stuck

I made a screen shot to show this - but can't for the life of me work out how to add it here unless I upload it to the web?

You can't change that color as it really has no color. What you can do is put a colorboard in say track 1 and then your video in track 2 that you are resizing. The background will be the color of your applied colorboard which you can customize to your liking. Once complete, you can delete colorboard if desired.

Use the blue Attachments icon below the reply text input region to attach a pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD_background.png]
 Filename
PD_background.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
572 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
Azimuth Images [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2020 04:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

You can't change that color as it really has no color. What you can do is put a colorboard in say track 1 and then your video in track 2 that you are resizing. The background will be the color of your applied colorboard which you can customize to your liking. Once complete, you can delete colorboard if desired.

Use the blue Attachments icon below the reply text input region to attach a pic.

Jeff

Thank you - that's an excellent work around - I'm just used to Photoshop allowing a 'desktop' colour choice.
[Thumb - for cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
for cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
The thing I wanted to change
 Filesize
165 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)