Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Suite 365 - Apps version older than the apps per se!
PCO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2023 09:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Before making any Purchase/Subscription decision I decided to test <Photo Director> and, after, <Director Suite 365>.

As a result, using the <Suite's Photo Director>, it gave me a warning that the settings and databases belonged to a more advanced version.
In other words, the Suite's apps versions are older than the apps versions, each per se, but this is not reported in the <Director Suite 365> Web page.

I think this situation is not correct and clear for consumers and causes distrust towards Cyberlink!
PCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Before making any Purchase/Subscription decision I decided to test <Photo Director> and, after, <Director Suite 365>.

As a result, using the <Suite's Photo Director>, it gave me a warning that the settings and databases belonged to a more advanced version.
In other words, the Suite's apps versions are older than the apps versions, each per se, but this is not reported in the <Director Suite 365> Web page.

I think this situation is not correct and clear for consumers and causes distrust towards Cyberlink!

I apologize.

This topic should be in the <Photo Director> post group (I couldn't find a group for <Director Suite 365>) and not in the <Power Director> group!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Often the trial version are not all in sync, so your experience doesn't surprise me. Once one does purchase and gets everything updated to current versions with CAM, one is often okay.

But correct, newer projects of any app can't be opened in older version without some user intervention.

Their versioning is not real good, in fact, terrible. I often need to work with someone's pds file from the PD21 subscription version, it's not compatible with the perpetual version of the PD21 product. It's all a real mess unless one just operates as their own little editing island, nothing professional about it.

Jeff
PCO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once one does purchase and gets everything updated to current versions with CAM, one is often okay.

I hope so!

Their versioning is not real good, in fact, terrible.

... someone's pds file from the PD21 subscription version, it's not compatible with the perpetual version of the PD21 product...

In fact, it's sad that this happens in it's behavior!... Because in terms of it's features and functionalities, the programs are actually good!
In my country (Portugal), an idiomatic phrase is often used: "There is no beauty without some flaw!"

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 02. 2023 16:26