Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background audio clips/drops when other audio track starts and stops
Barry.h [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2023 21:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a simple video with background noise from the video and a voice-over added. The voice over track has been cut, clipped and edited. Everytime the voice-over clip starts and stops, the background noise is momentarily clipped, despite being a continious track.

You can see/hear the problem in this clip: https://youtu.be/4H3S2LcQkmw

the timeline is attached. Note there is a deactivated sound track just as a holding place, the background noise is at the bottom and the voice over track #2.

Also note, I have stripped/decoupled the background noise track from the video (#1) to try and fix the problem, but it persists regardless of the order or arrangement of the tracks.

I am on PowerDirector 17 Ultra build 17.0.5003.0

Any clues or ideas?

thanks.
[Thumb - powerDirector 2.png]
 Filename
powerDirector 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline
 Filesize
1145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Barry.h [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2023 21:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
UPDATE: After some testing I have isolated the problem a bit more ... it only seems to happen after a Power Tool - Video Speed -selected range has been applied to the background video. By 'after' I mean it only glitches after the section of the video that has been sped up. So the work around is to render your speed-up to a clean file and replace the source in your job with the now-sped-up clip so you don't need the powertool in the project where you are overlaying the voice clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2023 02:27