Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Lightroom presets be imported and used in PhotoDirector?
Jim5555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2023 11:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've searched all over the internet, but I've not found a way to do this. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to map the Adobe settings to PhotoDirector settings to convert them. I know that preset files for PhotoDirector are available, but there is a much larger number of Lightroom settings available. I also realize their may not be a PhotoDirector equivalent to some of the LightRoom settings, but I would think the majority of the settings would be the same or similar.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think it depends on what you mean by "presets" as PhD has a proprietary format for importing and exporting to PhD running on another computer (.pdadj files).

If you're talking about Color Look-up Tables (CLUTs), however, PhD acccepts a wide variety of those as shown in the online help system (which can be accessed by pressing the F1 key).
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Jim555 -

I don't actually know the answer to your question, but (in a related tale) a few years back I was trying to track down or create a lens profile for a particular camera. I know - lens profiles ain't presets.

There was no profile available on DirectorZone. I'm also a LR user, which had every lens profile you could poke a stick at. So I thought - AHA - all I need to do is (somehow) convert the LR profile into the right format for PhD. It was totally beyond me. Both PhD & LR use proprietary formats & there was no way I could do it.

I suspect the same would be the case for presets.

(not much help but) Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!