Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 13 - Updates
Douglas930 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2023 11:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I purchased PowerDirector 13 Ultra back in 2014 and need to start using it again (70+ person looking to expand hobbies). I checked my Product List and saw that there was an update available for my product. It states "Update to PowerDirector 21 - Free download". Does this update convert my version to the newer version (or is it just a free sample version)?

Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2023 03:27

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello!

I purchased PowerDirector 13 Ultra back in 2014 and need to start using it again (70+ person looking to expand hobbies). I checked my Product List and saw that there was an update available for my product. It states "Update to PowerDirector 21 - Free download". Does this update convert my version to the newer version (or is it just a free sample version)?

Thank you!

No, it's not an update. It will install the PD21 package in a trial period, after which to continue using all functions you would have to buy a subscription or perpetual license.

Look for any updates to PD13 here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download Check your version by clicking the PowerDirector in the upper right hand corner of a launched session, if version is less than 13.0.3516 a update is available at the link above.

Jeff
Douglas930 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2023 11:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

No, it's not an update. It will install the PD21 package in a trial period, after which to continue using all functions you would have to buy a subscription or perpetual license.

Look for any updates to PD13 here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download Check your version by clicking the PowerDirector in the upper right hand corner of a launched session, if version is less than 13.0.3516 a update is available at the link above.

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff!

I figured that may be the case with the update. I just brought PD 13 back into play on my PC and wanted to update it (at least as far as possible). I looked at the special pricing for PD 365, but I doubt that I can run the new iteration on my hardware.

Thanks again,

Doug
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If you don't want to constantly see a update banner, go to pref > General and uncheck "Automatically check for software updates" You won't miss anything as CL wouldn't update PD13 regardless.

Jeff