Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 14 Hanging on Crop Function
SportiveUK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2021 11:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have had the Power365 Suite for a couple of years but have really only just started using PhotoDirector heavily. Overall I love it but about 50% of the time after finishing a crop action, I see a message which shows "processing" and that's where all activity stops. The program is unresponsive yet appears to be taking no system resources and Task Manager won't close it. The only way to kill it is from the Command Prompt using the taskkill command.

I would have thought that undertaking a simple crop would be far less likely to cause any issues than many of the other clever functions which seem to work flawlessly but it's a real frustration.

I have occasionally seen the crop function 'unapply' itself but the hanging issue happens far too frequently. I am using the most up to date version and have hundreds of GB of spare SSD space.

Is this a known issue? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please take a look at the Read Me Before Posting guide and tell us the exact version of PhD you have and attach the DxDiag text results as they may offer a clue.

There are more ways than one to crop in PhD, and it may make difference which one you're using. For example you can do it from the first Regional Adjustment Tool on the Adjust tab (in the Edit module):

Or from the Crop/Rotate/Flip tool under Basic Tools on the Guided tab (of the Organize and Adjust module):

You may also want to contact CL tech support directly and you can reach them here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2023 23:18