Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 now crashing
Andy288 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2021 16:33 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My version 14 has been crashing the past few weeks. I thought it was triggered by the import of video clips but I had the same crash today while simply logged in and trying to rate the product and send suggestions (an option in the app). The crash usually takes about a minute and it just shuts the program down and gives me a popup window to send an error report to Cyberlink. The title is 'PDHanumanSvr.exe has stopped working."

My OS:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2/‎13/‎2023
OS build 22621.1992
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22644.1000.0

Can anyone help please?

Thanks. Andy
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My version 14 has been crashing the past few weeks. I thought it was triggered by the import of video clips but I had the same crash today while simply logged in and trying to rate the product and send suggestions (an option in the app). The crash usually takes about a minute and it just shuts the program down and gives me a popup window to send an error report to Cyberlink. The title is 'PDHanumanSvr.exe has stopped working."

My OS:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2/‎13/‎2023
OS build 22621.1992
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22644.1000.0

Can anyone help please?

Thanks. Andy

Hi,

Not sure about what is happening. My copy of PDR 14.1810.0 seems to work fine on my Win 11 system.

If it has been working previously, then started crashing, it's likely that your system has changed - perhaps Win updates, added software or driver updates?

If you have the original install disc/files then you might try an uninstall and reinstall and see if that allows PDR14 to function correctly in any new system environment.

You might also attach your DxDiag file to see if that sheds any light on the crashes.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329489

The more info you can give the better chance other members have of helping out.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Andy288 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Not sure about what is happening. My copy of PDR 14.1810.0 seems to work fine on my Win 11 system.

If it has been working previously, then started crashing, it's likely that your system has changed - perhaps Win updates, added software or driver updates?

If you have the original install disc/files then you might try an uninstall and reinstall and see if that allows PDR14 to function correctly in any new system environment.

You might also attach your DxDiag file to see if that sheds any light on the crashes.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329489

The more info you can give the better chance other members have of helping out.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for the response. I'm sure my computer is updated regularly by microsoft and others. But is has been all along, so it seems odd that all of the sudden one of the updates caused an issue. Possible though.

Here is the file you suggested.

One more bit of information. The original error message has been replaced with "PDR.exe has stopped working."

Still looking for help. I did not keep a copy of the original PD file, and I believe it was a download, not a CD or DVD.

Thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the response. I'm sure my computer is updated regularly by microsoft and others. But is has been all along, so it seems odd that all of the sudden one of the updates caused an issue. Possible though.

Here is the file you suggested.

One more bit of information. The original error message has been replaced with "PDR.exe has stopped working."

Still looking for help. I did not keep a copy of the original PD file, and I believe it was a download, not a CD or DVD.

Thanks!

You might try updating both the Intel UHD Graphics Driver and the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/3060 Graphics Driver from Dell's driver support site for your XPS 17 9710 as yours have been superseded.

Jeff
Andy288 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You might try updating both the Intel UHD Graphics Driver and the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/3060 Graphics Driver from Dell's driver support site for your XPS 17 9710 as yours have been superseded.

Jeff

This worked Jeff. THANKS! I'm back to editting again.