Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can a clip be resized upward?
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:
I'd like to know if the size of a clip can be resized up. I've got a clip that's small ( I don't know what the size is ) and I"d like to just bump it up a bit. Is this possible? I know that parts of a clip can be zoomed in on, but I'm talking about the entire clip.
I'm using PD 19

Thanks for replies
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can see the pixel size by right-clicking on the clip in PD's media library then chosing View Properties and looking at the Resolution.

As far as making it bigger, PD will always scale the clip to be full screen once it's placed on the timeline, so even if a clip is only 640x480 it will be upscaled to 4K if that's what you produce to. It won't ever appear as a small clip in that big frame.

On the other hand, if you want to focus on content that takes up only a small area in the clip, you'd want to zoom in on it which necessarily moves some of the unwanted content out of the frame