Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 19. No .mov clip thumbnails in media area
philm5d [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2013 17:13 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
My problem is with Power Director19. 4K movie clips shot on the Panasonic HC-X1500 Camcorder in the .mov format show no thumbnail images in the media room - only solid black icons. Furthermore the icons cannot be played in the media room, there is no video and the audio is solid white noise.
HOWEVER once clips are dragged to the timeline the clips WILL play without any problems, both audio and video - there is still no thumbnail reference image generated however. I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a cure for this problem. I will add that other 4K clips shot in .mp4 format are not problematic in this respect.

PS a friend has PD18 and he can see thumbnails on the .mov clips, both in the media room and the timeline and the clips play fine in both areas.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My problem is with Power Director19. 4K movie clips shot on the Panasonic HC-X1500 Camcorder in the .mov format show no thumbnail images in the media room - only solid black icons. Furthermore the icons cannot be played in the media room, there is no video and the audio is solid white noise.
HOWEVER once clips are dragged to the timeline the clips WILL play without any problems, both audio and video - there is still no thumbnail reference image generated however. I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a cure for this problem. I will add that other 4K clips shot in .mp4 format are not problematic in this respect.

PS a friend has PD18 and he can see thumbnails on the .mov clips, both in the media room and the timeline and the clips play fine in both areas.

Seems like the same as this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97453.page#post_box_391984

Is friend using the exact same file? Prior, you corrected by changing to mp4 vs mov and you were happy, mp4 can only do HEVC LongGop 100M while your previous mov file was HEVC LongGop 200M.

My guess would be HEVC Video Extensions or QT not being installed. Might check friends PC vs yours. Posting a sample video may help as well.

Jeff
philm5d [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2013 17:13 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]

Seems like the same as this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97453.page#post_box_391984

Is friend using the exact same file? Prior, you corrected by changing to mp4 vs mov and you were happy, mp4 can only do HEVC LongGop 100M while your previous mov file was HEVC LongGop 200M.

My guess would be HEVC Video Extensions or QT not being installed. Might check friends PC vs yours. Posting a sample video may help as well.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, that other post was me as well - I'd completely forgotten I'd previously posted almost a year ago when I first had the cam. (my friend and I are of a "certain age" you see). The clips which behaved on his machine were the identical ones. I was motivated once more by the thought that 200M .mov files MUST somehow be superior to 100M .mp4s I will check with him to see if he has QT installed but meanwhile I did a side by side test of both formats and I honestly cannot see any difference, so the easy answer is just to use .mp4 I guess. Many thanks again. Phil.