Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost all face recognition data
NoudvR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2019 13:17 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I lost all information about facial recognition during the update from Photodirector 365 version 14.01 to 14.02.

In the backups, I see that the files have been reduced in size to almost zero:
  • In the \14.0\Noud_13.02_14.01\Noud_13.02_14.01_faceme folder, the file fm_thumbnail.db is 553MB in size, while in the \14.0\Noud_13.02_14.01_14.02\Noud_13.02_14.01_14.02_faceme folder, it is only 20kB.
  • In the \14.0\Noud_13.02_14.01\Noud_13.02_14.01_faceme\CyberLink\FaceMeSDK\db folder, the faceMe.fdb file is 96MB, while in the \14.0\Noud_13.02_14.01_14.02\Noud_13.02_14.01_14.02_faceme folder, it is only 48KB.

I tried restoring old files exclusively from the Faceme folders.
I realize that there may be a mismatch with the other files in version 14.02 and indeed it doesn't work.
The folder structure has also been adjusted, making it difficult to determine which file should be where.

Who can help to transfer the facial recognition from an old file of version 14.01 to 14.02?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest you report the issue directly to CL tech support and see if they can get things working properly. You can reach them here.

I've never used the feature so I can't easily test this, but you might try uninstalling PhD and then manually delete all the related 14.02 folders you can find. When you reinstall PhD, it's possible that it will properly process the data in the 14.01 folders this time.
NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I suggest you report the issue directly to CL tech support and see if they can get things working properly. You can reach them here.

I've never used the feature so I can't easily test this, but you might try uninstalling PhD and then manually delete all the related 14.02 folders you can find. When you reinstall PhD, it's possible that it will properly process the data in the 14.01 folders this time.

Thanks, optodata, will do.
As you served me with excellent advice before, I will try to re-install Photodirector 365 first.
NoudvR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I suggest you report the issue directly to CL tech support and see if they can get things working properly. You can reach them here.

I did not even have to re-install Photodirector. I tried removing all references to the 14.02 version as you said and imported the files from version 14.01.
Apparantly the newest version of Photodictor converts the old files well, as I have all my faces back!
Now I am importing the photo's taken since the date of the previous conversion to 14.02.

Face recognition is a tedious process and I have put a lot of time in it.
You saved my day, optodata! Thank you very much.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm really glad you got things working again!

Also helpful to know that PhD didn't even need to be uninstalled first, and that simply deleting the 14.02 folders that it expected to see was enough to trigger the import process again cool