Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 Drivers
Gary Foster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2022 00:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
How can I download drivers for Power Director 12, and from where? I recently had to reinstall the software from the original disc. VC500.exe brings up the window to clik on install drivers, but nothing happens. I can clik on install program, which runs fine. PD12 launches, but the capture function has a black window. I am running PD12 on Win11, which Cyberlink does not support. I have been running it successfully for about a year, but only after a fresh reboot of my pc. PD12 needs to be the first program i run after the boot, before i run anything else. sometimes it requires 2 or 3 reboots to get PD12 to run ok. the problem is always with the capture function. Forgive me for being so long winded with my problem, but this is my first use of a forum, and I don't know what info you need to help me. I think I just need to download fresh drivers for PD12, but don't know from where, or how and where to install them on my pc.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How can I download drivers for Power Director 12, and from where? I recently had to reinstall the software from the original disc. VC500.exe brings up the window to clik on install drivers, but nothing happens. I can clik on install program, which runs fine. PD12 launches, but the capture function has a black window. I am running PD12 on Win11, which Cyberlink does not support. I have been running it successfully for about a year, but only after a fresh reboot of my pc. PD12 needs to be the first program i run after the boot, before i run anything else. sometimes it requires 2 or 3 reboots to get PD12 to run ok. the problem is always with the capture function. Forgive me for being so long winded with my problem, but this is my first use of a forum, and I don't know what info you need to help me. I think I just need to download fresh drivers for PD12, but don't know from where, or how and where to install them on my pc.

Hi,

Does this link help at all?

https://www.diamondmm.com/images/VC500/VC500%20QSG%2011_9_17%20update.pdf

Such installations have been a bit fickle over the years - if you do a search for VC500 on the Previous Versions forum, you will return 90+ results, msome of which might help.

Get back to us if you can't get it sorted with this info.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do