Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My first PD Project!
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

I've been working on a series of hiking videos and the previous 33 were all edited on iMovie on my phone. I wanted to stick with the same style used in the earlier ones, so I didn't take advantage of many features and the title text is very simple. Audio Director helped out a lot in some situations where I had a lot of wind noise to filter out. The audio ducking feature was great, too.

There was one scene shot at night that needed brightening at around 31:45. I played with it a little in Color Director but couldn't really do much with it -- still figuring things out and I think the scene was just too dark so maybe the data just wasn't there.

The transitions are nearly all simple fades except for the bike ride portion where I used shove starting at 21:25. Not really happy with what I did there.

It took me a bit to figure out the Pan & Zoom feature (used at around 29:30) but I think I've got the hang of it now. Again, I was used to how it worked in iMovie (pretty much automatic Ken Burns effect).

There's so much to learn with this suite! I'd like to work on the audio levels for the next video so the volume isn't all over the place.