Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Stuttering in PowerDVD, but not in FREE programs...
ChillWill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2008 11:22 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - I am hoping to get some helpful information without providing ALL of the stuff in the "read me before you post thread". Please don't flame me too hard - I'm tired as hell. Anyway, I got this new concert DVD in the mail last week. It was shot in HD and I could not wait to watch it with PowerDVD 10 Ultra. So I fire it up and I get audio with stuttering and popping. I thought that maybe it was copy protection so I figured that I would try and watch it with VLC Media Player. Well, lo and behold - it played just fine. I've googled the crap out of this with lousy results. I didn't see a search feature here, but was wondering if anybody else had this issue? Why did I upgrade for $60 just so that I could have popping audio? I coulda just used VLC Media Player - and it was FREE!?!?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated because right now I am feeling kinda punked...

And my info:

PowerDVD 10 Ultra 10.0.1714.51
SR Number DVD100503-01
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Bit
Retail product
NVidia GeForce 8700M GT (two in SLI config)
197.16 Drivers
SigmaTel High Definition Audio
6.10.0.5614 Driver
Which kind of display connection (VGA)
Single monitor environment
Norton Internet Security 2010

Thank you in advance - Mike
 Filename
64bitDxDiag_28May10.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64bit DxDiag
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
391 time(s)
 Filename
32bitDxDiag_28May10.txt
[Disk]
 Description
32bit DxDiag
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
503 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

- Please let us know the title of the DVD
- Please update your Audio drivers (looks if your Audio drivers are rleased 2007!!)
- Please let us know if you have installed PDVD 9 ad 10?

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2010 07:35

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ChillWill [Avatar]
[Post New]
The DVD is a concert DVD by Porcupine Tree called ANESTHETIZE. I'm not buying it being an audio driver issue because this DVD runs just fine on the FREE program VLC Media Player.

Thank you - Mike

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Can you please be more clear with your infos.

Is your Media a DVD (MPEG-2) or a HD Video or a AVCHD.

please update your drivers to latest Version!
Please unistall all Codec Packs - from the provided logs it looks if some PowerDVD 10 Codecs are affected by some installed Codec packs

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Darvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2010 10:03 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah been fighting this issue for a bit now. GL a few of us are looking for a solution as well the Cyberlink support dept.
ChillWill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sounds like you guys need to fix your program code so that PowerDVD is not affected by other codecs. If I posted my DxDiag - should you not be able to tell me what needs to be uninstalled and what doesn't? How about you just refund me my $60 and I'll use the FREE program that DOES work properly? The DVD plays with stuttering audio in YOUR program, but NOT in the free ones, hmmmm FIX YOUR PROGRAM SO THAT IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!! I do not expect to have to use FREE software when I paid $60 for yours - it should work already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about you guys stop blaming this problem on other software/codec packs/and drivers and fix YOUR problem that prevents YOUR software from playing nice with these other softwares?

Jeez - Mike

P.S. Media is an MPEG-2 audio. And how do you now that I'm NOT already running the latest drivers? Maybe the latest drivers ARE from 2007.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

Contact Technical Support, ranting and raving on this forum serves no purpose as it is not monitored by CyberLink, this forum is run by CyberLink product users for the benefit of users.
As it happens, Michael from CyberLink has got involved in this issue and has asked you to provide certain information, do so if you want the issue resolved. For your information CyberLink products are very dependant on the codecs provided with the product, so any added codec packs can and do interfere with the smooth running of the program.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
ChillWill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I don't even have any extra codec packs installed. I've told them what DVD does not work and told them what program I CAN watch it on without any audio stuttering. It is frustrating when techy people tell you to update this or remove that and you ARE using the latest driver and don't have the other stuff. It just looks to me like they are blaming things external to their program.

So to recap - I don't have any extra codecs installed and my audio drivers or the most recent ones available for this built-in audio. The DVD will not play properly under PowerDVD, but will under VLC Media Player.

Kind Regards - Mike
[Post New]
Dear Michael,

do you have installed PowerDVD9 and 10 on your system?

From the log file I can see that there are some codecs from PDVD 9 on your system as well.

BR
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ChillWill [Avatar]
[Post New]
I uninstalled PowerDVD 9 before installing PowerDVD 10. How do I get rid of those other codecs?

Thank you - Mike
Darvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2010 10:03 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yeah been fighting this issue for a bit now. GL a few of us are looking for a solution as well the Cyberlink support dept.

I found the fix to my issue. Seems my Anti Virus PC Doctor was causing the issue. TFsystem.exe was running and was causing the audio skiping , killed it and its runs fine. Find it strange other programs have no issue with with PC Doctor but for me it hate PDVD10.

I have opened a ticket on PC Doctors side.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2010 15:56

ChillWill [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess Cyberlink is done with this thread. I guess if want any further feedback, I will have to start a THIRD thread and include the stuff from this one and see what happens. I cannot believe that the installer for PowerDVD 10 doesn't/didn't get rid of those stray codec files - wherever/whatever they are...

Mike
[Post New]
Dear,

Michael suggest that you open a ticket at Customer support.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
1ne2woBe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2010 18:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dear,

Michael suggest that you open a ticket at Customer support.

Br
Michael

Is this the only answer to this problem?

I can't believe how many problems this program has with the price it has....

I am unable to play MKV files. I get a crackling (popping) noise when playing M2TS files, and the "8 speaker True Theater Surround" will not play the actors voice audio.

I have searched on this forum for all the answers, posted in each of the pertaining thread topics, and not one of these threads provide an answer to resolve any of these issues.

As I said... there are quite a bit of issues for a program that costs so much. In the end, it appears the correct answer is... "contact customer support". This obviously does not work, or someone would be coming back to their threads explaining how customer support fixed the problem....

[/rant]
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
edit:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 22:21

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.