Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 6, Capture greyed out
SR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2007 05:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've just purchased and installed PowerDirector 6 on Vista Home Premium and have come across a strange problem/bug.

When starting the program the 'Capture' button is greyed out and after some experimentation have found the only way to enable this is to put something into the timeline and click on 'Create Disc'. After this section has initialised, the 'Capture' button springs to life and I can go back, start a new project and things work normally from then on. Until the next time I open PowerDirector.

I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps, uninstall/reinstall etc. Issue maybe specific to Vista? Not sure.

I've tried submitting this to support but am getting 'page not available', so I thought I would try here.

System Specs:-
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium D 3Ghz
ATI Radeon X800
Realtek HD Audio
3GB Ram

All latest Drivers installed.

Update: Looks like my support message got through, have been asked for a screen print.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2007 05:40

Jennifer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Apr 11, 2007 20:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I actually have a similar problem. I am a new member and tried to unistall and re-install the program. In my case, I have Windows XP Home and only have the microphone option in CAPTURE mode. I tried adding to the timeline and creating disc as you mention, but I still have the same result. Can only access capture by microphone (which is funny since I do not even have a microphone hooked up).

I will follow the postings to see if any solutions are made known. I am still waiting for a reply from tech support.
Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone---or crazy!!
Dennis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2007 22:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem but with PD5 with the latest down load patch to make it vista ready. Have you heard about any fixes yet? Dennis
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2007 01:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Me too. Capture button is disabled, all capture menu items disabled as well. Cyberlink suggested to reinstall without startup programs and it did not correct the situations.

Vista Ultimate x64