Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New ATI Video Card drivers updated to version 10.4
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
For ATI Video Card Users Only. New drivers, version 10.4 are available for download. Make sure to grab the AVIVO converter, too.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx?src=CCC-CheckForDriverUpdates Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi OTW,

I'm still not up to speed on cards yet, and when I go to the ATI site you linked, I see the option to choose PCIe or AGP, from the drop down menu, for my lowly 3450 card that came with my rig.
But I can't seem to locate any info (when I check About), to tell me if I should choose the PCIe or the AGP update option.
Any words of advice would be much appreciated.

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3450
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x95C5)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2010 07:58

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Can you take a picture of the slot your video card is plugged into? Companies often make video cards with the same chipset, but different interfaces. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply James.
I did some Googling and finally found out that the the card I have is PCI-e. Don't why I couldn't find that info in the onboard documentation, but I'll have a go at downloading the PCI-e upgrade after I finish this latest project I'm working on, and see how it goes. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mr. Cranston,

EDIT: just missed your response!

I should have asked you last night when we talked....

If you go to your device manager....then Display Adapters....Right Click Display Adapters and select Properties....Under the general tab....mine says my card is on PCI Bus 2.....

Yours might indicate PCI or AGP ....then you would know which set of drivers to download? I am not positive it would indicate AGP slot...I imagine that it probably would.....but I can't be 100% positive because I can't reproduce this particular set of indications on my system as hard evidence because I don't have that particular slot on my MB, but I thought it might help.

Kevin
[Thumb - GPU location.PNG]
 Filename
GPU location.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
159 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 30. 2010 08:45

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cranston
[Post New]
Perfect Cap’n!
I followed your suggestion/info here, and was able to confirm 100%, that it is indeed PCI.
Thanks!
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips