Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 6 Trial
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2006 16:08 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there,

Just a quick question...

I've heard talk of a PD 6 Trial Version--is there one out there somewhere? I wouldn't mind checking it out to compare with PD 5.

Shawn
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I wanted to download PD6 and got PD5.
I wanted to try it out to edit the files shot on my JVC MG21 camera.
It would not play the audio, it appears PD5 will not work with AC3 Dolby Digital audio. John
Shawn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah,

When I tried to get the PD 6 trial I ended up getting the PD 5 trial. I guess we'll have to wait for 6 to come out.

As for the Dolby Digital Audio... I don't know much about it. Hope you can get that figured out, that's pretty frustrating. Have you contacted tech support?

Shawn
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I did contact them but the reply was somewhat unclear. I got a definitive reply elsewhere.
As far as I can tell PD6 is the only Cyberlink software that can handle AC3 Dolby Digital files. John
Shawn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well... I guess we'll both be waiting for the PD 6 trial to come out. Hope it's what you're after when you get the chance to check it out.

Shawn
JJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2006 04:41 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
For your information, PD6 Trial will be released in middle of April.
Shawn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome! Thanks a lot.

Shawn
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2007 12:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone have a new idea on when the trial of PowerDirector 6 will be released?
JJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Due to some defects had been found in PD 6, the release schedule is delayed to beginning of May.
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2007 12:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info
Shawn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ahh... thanks for the updated info. I keep checking to see if it's available. I'll wait another little bit and then start checking again.
JJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD 6 Trial is released. Check http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/trials_4_ENU.html.
Shawn [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome! Thanks a lot!