Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 Ultra and 60Hz DLP HDTV = 3D Video but no 3D sync for glasses
[Post New]
My Windows 7 64-bit HTPC has an Intel i7-920 CPU, 6 GB RAM, an nVidia GeForce 250GTS graphics card, nVidia 3D Vision System emitter & glasses, and PowerDVD 10 Ultra software. These are connected via HDMI to a Denon 2809 receiver and a Samsung 60Hz 3D-ready DLP HDTV. This system is designed for 3D.

Although 3D games work perfectly in the system, movies do not. When I play a standard DVD and enable the 3D format in PowerDVD 10, the 3D video signal clearly appears on the HDTV screen as a double image; however, the emitter will no longer come ON to send the sync signal to the glasses.

In an email from tech support, I was told to ensure the display settings were set to 1024x768 or better, 16-bit color depth, and monitor refresh rate of 60Hz. Even with these settings, the 3D emitter will not activate even though the video signal is clearly showing 3D.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please check if you use latest NVDIA VGA and NVIDIA 3D Vision drivers.

please post your driver Versions here.

For games do you also use the same set-up (with denon receiver)?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Michael – nVidea just released new drivers on April 3 which I installed. My graphics driver is version 197.45 and my 3D Vision driver is also version 197.45.

For games I also use the Denon Receiver; however; I do not use PowerDVD 10 (the games launch within Windows 7 directly).
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Can you pleas post the exact type of your used display?

maybe you can check if PDVD works when not using the amplifier?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
My display is a Samsung 60Hz 3D-ready DLP HDTV (Model # HL61A750A1F). It has an emitter output that the nVidia Emitter connects to directly (and which activates the emitter for 3D games but not inside PDVD). The setting I use inside PDVD True Theater 3D is "3D-Ready."

I bypassed the Denon Receiver and ran the HDMI cable directly from the nVidia graphics card (GTS250) to the Samsung TV. This did NOT correct the problem.
[Post New]
Hi,
could you try to use "120Hz Time Sequential 3D LCD (NVIDIA 3D Vision)" in PowerDVD ?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I changed to that setting as you asked. Not only did the emitter not function, but the 3D video signal (double images) changed back to a single 2D video signal.

After my previous message, I also spoke with nVidia 3D Vision Tech Support about the problem to see if they could shed any light on this issue. They responded with an email stating "We're not aware of any support of the PowerDVD 10 movie player for 3D playback with the NVIDIA 3D Vision...PowerDVD 10 has not been certified to be compatible with 3D Vision."

Although I still want to solve my problem with getting the nVidia emitter to work inside PowerDVD 10, so I can see the 3D you advertized using the nVidia 3D Glasses System, I'd also appreciate knowing Cyberlink's response to nVidia's email statement.
[Post New]
Hi,

please connect the 3D Vision transmitter to the PC and check again.

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Michael - The nVidia emitter is connected to the the Samsung HDTV 3D sync output via one cable (signal) and to the PC via another cable (power via USB).

I assume you are asking me to disconnect and re-connect the emitter.

Is this correct?
Do you want me to select the "Generic DLP HDTV" mode?
[Post New]
Hi,

try to remove the sync cable to the Display and only use 3D Vision connected to the PC

Br

Werde Facebook Fan