Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is everyone else having issues getting responses from tech support?
kf01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 14:44 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have issues opened 10 days ago with no response yet. I also have an activaion issue that the reponded after a week, but gave me a new - bad serial number. They then stopped responding to that problem as well.

Is Tech support overloaded with bugs and issue? Is anyone getting problems resolved?
[Post New]
Hmm
Actually I turned in a ticket about a key (turned out to be my fault)
and they responded the next day.

Maybe you should re-submit.

I have had a VERY good experience with the products and support
kf01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 14:44 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
For versions 8 and 9, I had issues that never got resolved - ever. They closed them saying that maybe in a future release --- At this moment I have 2 different unanswered issues in 3 unanswered submissions out there for over a week. I am glad you are having better luck than I am, but when I scan the forum, it seems like my experience is common.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 18. 2010 10:52

NickMalone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2010 15:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
same here. I submitted a few days ago and have yet to get a response. I resubmitted yesterday just in case. Now I'm here, and have also found others having similar issues. So far, Powerdirector 8 does not seem to be a stable product Nick Malone
nick@burnoutradio.com
www.burnoutradio.com
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I have never had to contact Technical Support...all my Cyberlink products have worked perfectly from day of installation on two of my systems. So I can't speak from personal experience. I am a VERY satisfied customer!!!

I suppose paying $30 for phone support is a bit steep.....but the initial investment for the software is an excellent value in my opinion. They could have charged more for the software and then offered phone support I suppose.....

Is there a way the user forum can help you solve the problem you were having? I never read your post so I am not familiar with the nature of your problem Darrell.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2010 19:25

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darrell,

I was not familiar with mkv files, but I am now after the reading I have done on them... I downloaded a small sample mkv file and was able to open it with Power DVD 10 Ultra, and it played with no problems. I am not technically savvy enough to offer you any solutions. It wasn't a HD clip...I wonder if that might be significant. All I did was googled a search for "mkv sample files" and then proceeded to download one with that extension. You might try that as well to see if you are able to play it on your system.

I did find this link on mkv playback that might be helpful.
http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/playback/windows/index.html

Apparently this mkv format was not supported with Power DVD9, but it is supported with Power DVD 10 Ultra. please note the reference to mkv format in the comparison chart:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/compare-retail_en_US.html

See screen shot for media Info on the mkv file.

If there is anything else I can do, just let me know. It was the best that I could do.

Kevin
[Thumb - mkv file.JPG]
 Filename
mkv file.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
149 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Apr 18. 2010 22:06

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Darrell,

Shall I post the PM you sent to me with your vitriolic abuse umm, perhaps members would view you differently? Why should I or anyone tolerate your behaviour?

Goodbye

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2010 04:13

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have issues opened 10 days ago with no response yet. I also have an activaion issue that the reponded after a week, but gave me a new - bad serial number. They then stopped responding to that problem as well.

Is Tech support overloaded with bugs and issue? Is anyone getting problems resolved?

If you give reference number details then the matter can be investigated by CyberLink - into the actions (or failure to respond) by online support.

Come on people, I know you have a gripe on support not responding and the program not activating (for some of you). Please start being logical in the presentation of information so others can replicate the matter.

I'm sure members here can help each other more. Post as an attachment a diagnostic file of your system. Compare set ups. If you cant play a video and it's a downloaded file - make it available for testing, OK I know the file sizes are massive but bite the bullet and get working together. Help sort out issues to make the glitches go away.

This is what we do on the PowerDirector forum and it works.

I'm trying to get everyone to supply useful data and get action for each of you speedily.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Create a Diagnostic File
Go to > Start
Select > Run
Type in > Dxdiag
Click > OK
Select > save the information
save as ****DxDiag.txt
Replace the **** with your name so the file can be identified easily.
Example: johnsmithDxDiag.txt

A diagnostic file is used by Technical Support to analyse your PC set up.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2010 12:03