Runtime Error!  XML
Forum Index » Power2Go
RobertValentine

Today when I opened Power2Go I got this error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Power2Go\Power2Go.exe

abnormal program termination

I tried uninstalling Power2Go and then reinstalling it, but that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BobV365
CPStreaker

I have the exact same problem - any solutions out there?
RobertValentine

I was not able to get a solution to this problem. I even paid for support from CyberLink and spoke with India and was not able to get the problem resolved. I have searched the internet also, and there seems to be no easy fix for a Visual C++ Library error. It seems like one should be able to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ library and be done with it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So, I decided to do a system recovery and start with a fresh registry. I know this is drastic but I didn't know what else to do. If anyone comes up with a solution, I'd like to know for the next time this happens.
Doug

Exact same problem on my Windows 7 64-bit system. I just opened a ticket with Cyberlink support. I hope they can provide a solution. A quick Google search doesn't give me much hope . . . lots of similar reports with no solution.
RobertValentine

CyberLink's support is no help at all with this issue. They gave me a link to a newer version of Power2Go, and I was guaranteed that it would work. But, after installing it I had the same issue again.

However, I did find that the trial version of Power2Go v6 that I download from their website worked without a problem. So I bought a new license for the program and activated the trial version with the password, and so far it has worked without a problem for the last week! (I know I shouldn't have to pay for the program again just to get a version that works.) I think there must be a bad line of code in the program that Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't like, and they must have fixed it in the trial version of the program. I wish they would become aware of this problem and fix it in the Windows 7 64 bit version so others do not have to go through this misery.

Let me know if the trial version of Power2Go v6 works on your computer without a problem.
Doug

Since posting this message, I've downloaded and installed ImgBurn (free). It's currently burning a BD disc as I type this. If Cyberlink doesn't have a solution, I'm not too worried.
Anonymous

I am having the same problem as well. I made no changes to my Power2Go setup so if this many people are having a problem, why do I believe Microsoft download something that screwed up Power2Go.

I tried ignoring the message and actually using the program and it still works. I was able to burn files on my hard drive to a DVD with the error window just sitting there. Exited the program and then clicked the error message. Once I realized this it became an annoyance.

Lance
CPStreaker

Yep - it works fine that way - just move the error box out of the way, burn the disk, and when all done, hit ok on the error dialog box. Pretty strange.
Anonymous

That is strange. Try downloading and installing the demo to see if you get the same result. For me, the demo worked fine with no error messages. I was then able to just enter my password and turn the demo into a registered version of Power2Go.
Alice2

Cyberlink and Power2Go came with my new HP PC W7. Tried to use the program to burn a dvd and I get a "no burner is currently available or you do not have rights to a burner". Have been in touch with techs at Cyberlink and HP for 2 weeks and they sent me a new link for Power2Go. Inatalled it and the same error came up .No burner etc. can anyone help me.

Allycat

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/06/2010 14:28:13

Slivy58

I just began encountering the same problem in regards to the “Runtime Error”, worked for the first DVD I burnt yesterday then after that it constantly would error out… I know one can just hide the dialog box but this shouldn’t be… Could have very well been a Windows Update that triggered this but since I’m not an expert in that area I can’t be sure.

Tried reinstalling but the results were the same, even a Windows System Restore to a point prior to me noticing this problem failed. Decided not to waste my time trying to correct so removed Power2Go and will move onto something else… Hopefully a solution with come fourth soon and just maybe I’ll revert back.

Dan

HP ProBook
Core i5 450
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
RAM 4GB DDR3
ATI 512 MB
500 GB 7200RPM HD
James

I have/had the same problem with Power2GO 6. After finding little or no info to fix the problem I set out to fine the root cause. I started poking around on the configuration button[Wile the error was displayed] and searched all of the tabs. I got to the last tab called Library and noticed Music, Pictures directories listed so I removed them all to see if it would change anything and low and behold it worked without a hitch. I duplicated the error by adding my music folder back to the listed Library locations. My Music folder is about 50 gigs or so and I have itunes installed so I am not sure why MS C++ would have anything to do with it but I already uninstalled it as part of my trouble shooting. I hope this helps someone with their error. By the way this came with my LG BR burner. I still haven't figured out why the Lightscribe feature dosn't install, however the generic HP software works fine.
CPStreaker

"I started poking around on the configuration button[Wile the error was displayed] and searched all of the tabs. I got to the last tab called Library and noticed Music, Pictures directories listed so I removed them all to see if it would change anything and low and behold it worked without a hitch. "

I was able to delete the music folder (mine is large too, and I also run iTunes) and that stopped the error from occuring. I only removed the music library - left the video and picture ones without any errors.
trope125

I'm getting exact same errors. I thought upgrading from the free software that came with my BluRay burner to the purchased Power2Go Deluxe 6.0.0.3108a would cure the problem. But it didn't.
I'm running Win7 64-bit. Please find a fix for this!
Art

Two things:

1. If I task-switch to Power2Go (which is still loaded behind the error dialog box) it seems to work just fine as long as the dialog box remains open. I have NOT done extensive testing.

2. On another forum, a user reported that downloading and installing a patch from http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html fixed it for him. There are two listed for Power2G0 6; I've tried the second with no success. I'm about to try the patch for Win7.

The user in #2 reported that his PC manufacturer's tech support told him to download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 update. I doubt that helped at all -- I already had it installed before I got the Power2Go runtime error.
Bob Green

Hi I have the same problem with Power2go 8...

To avoid this message (for Windows XP Users):

Delete this file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CyberLink\EvoParser\Power2Go\8.0\UNO.xml"

For the Windows 7 Users:

Find the above file in the folder "C:\Users\" or somewhere in its sub-directories...

Note: Don't forget to enable the view of hidden folders for your Windows if you want to see the file.

Forum Index » Power2Go
Go to: