Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Runtime Error!
RobertValentine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2009 00:31 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Today when I opened Power2Go I got this error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Power2Go\Power2Go.exe

abnormal program termination

I tried uninstalling Power2Go and then reinstalling it, but that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BobV365
CPStreaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2010 18:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem - any solutions out there?
RobertValentine [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was not able to get a solution to this problem. I even paid for support from CyberLink and spoke with India and was not able to get the problem resolved. I have searched the internet also, and there seems to be no easy fix for a Visual C++ Library error. It seems like one should be able to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ library and be done with it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So, I decided to do a system recovery and start with a fresh registry. I know this is drastic but I didn't know what else to do. If anyone comes up with a solution, I'd like to know for the next time this happens.
Doug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2010 09:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Exact same problem on my Windows 7 64-bit system. I just opened a ticket with Cyberlink support. I hope they can provide a solution. A quick Google search doesn't give me much hope . . . lots of similar reports with no solution.
RobertValentine [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink's support is no help at all with this issue. They gave me a link to a newer version of Power2Go, and I was guaranteed that it would work. But, after installing it I had the same issue again.

However, I did find that the trial version of Power2Go v6 that I download from their website worked without a problem. So I bought a new license for the program and activated the trial version with the password, and so far it has worked without a problem for the last week! (I know I shouldn't have to pay for the program again just to get a version that works.) I think there must be a bad line of code in the program that Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't like, and they must have fixed it in the trial version of the program. I wish they would become aware of this problem and fix it in the Windows 7 64 bit version so others do not have to go through this misery.

Let me know if the trial version of Power2Go v6 works on your computer without a problem.
Doug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2010 09:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Since posting this message, I've downloaded and installed ImgBurn (free). It's currently burning a BD disc as I type this. If Cyberlink doesn't have a solution, I'm not too worried.
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am having the same problem as well. I made no changes to my Power2Go setup so if this many people are having a problem, why do I believe Microsoft download something that screwed up Power2Go.

I tried ignoring the message and actually using the program and it still works. I was able to burn files on my hard drive to a DVD with the error window just sitting there. Exited the program and then clicked the error message. Once I realized this it became an annoyance.

Lance
CPStreaker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep - it works fine that way - just move the error box out of the way, burn the disk, and when all done, hit ok on the error dialog box. Pretty strange.
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is strange. Try downloading and installing the demo to see if you get the same result. For me, the demo worked fine with no error messages. I was then able to just enter my password and turn the demo into a registered version of Power2Go.
Alice2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2010 17:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink and Power2Go came with my new HP PC W7. Tried to use the program to burn a dvd and I get a "no burner is currently available or you do not have rights to a burner". Have been in touch with techs at Cyberlink and HP for 2 weeks and they sent me a new link for Power2Go. Inatalled it and the same error came up .No burner etc. can anyone help me.

Allycat

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2010 17:28

[Post New]
I just began encountering the same problem in regards to the “Runtime Error”, worked for the first DVD I burnt yesterday then after that it constantly would error out… I know one can just hide the dialog box but this shouldn’t be… Could have very well been a Windows Update that triggered this but since I’m not an expert in that area I can’t be sure.

Tried reinstalling but the results were the same, even a Windows System Restore to a point prior to me noticing this problem failed. Decided not to waste my time trying to correct so removed Power2Go and will move onto something else… Hopefully a solution with come fourth soon and just maybe I’ll revert back.

Dan
HP ProBook
Core i5 450
Win 10 Pro, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR3
ATI 512 MB
256GB SSD & 500GB 7200RPM HDD
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 17, 2010 01:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have/had the same problem with Power2GO 6. After finding little or no info to fix the problem I set out to fine the root cause. I started poking around on the configuration button[Wile the error was displayed] and searched all of the tabs. I got to the last tab called Library and noticed Music, Pictures directories listed so I removed them all to see if it would change anything and low and behold it worked without a hitch. I duplicated the error by adding my music folder back to the listed Library locations. My Music folder is about 50 gigs or so and I have itunes installed so I am not sure why MS C++ would have anything to do with it but I already uninstalled it as part of my trouble shooting. I hope this helps someone with their error. By the way this came with my LG BR burner. I still haven't figured out why the Lightscribe feature dosn't install, however the generic HP software works fine.
CPStreaker [Avatar]
[Post New]
"I started poking around on the configuration button[Wile the error was displayed] and searched all of the tabs. I got to the last tab called Library and noticed Music, Pictures directories listed so I removed them all to see if it would change anything and low and behold it worked without a hitch. "

I was able to delete the music folder (mine is large too, and I also run iTunes) and that stopped the error from occuring. I only removed the music library - left the video and picture ones without any errors.
trope125 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: AZ Joined: May 06, 2010 10:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting exact same errors. I thought upgrading from the free software that came with my BluRay burner to the purchased Power2Go Deluxe 6.0.0.3108a would cure the problem. But it didn't.
I'm running Win7 64-bit. Please find a fix for this!
Art [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2010 13:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Two things:

1. If I task-switch to Power2Go (which is still loaded behind the error dialog box) it seems to work just fine as long as the dialog box remains open. I have NOT done extensive testing.

2. On another forum, a user reported that downloading and installing a patch from http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html fixed it for him. There are two listed for Power2G0 6; I've tried the second with no success. I'm about to try the patch for Win7.

The user in #2 reported that his PC manufacturer's tech support told him to download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 update. I doubt that helped at all -- I already had it installed before I got the Power2Go runtime error.
Bob Green [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 18:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have the same problem with Power2go 8...

To avoid this message (for Windows XP Users):

Delete this file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CyberLink\EvoParser\Power2Go\8.0\UNO.xml"

For the Windows 7 Users:

Find the above file in the folder "C:\Users\" or somewhere in its sub-directories...

Note: Don't forget to enable the view of hidden folders for your Windows if you want to see the file.