Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re-downloading PowerDVD 9 to reinstall
JW11301 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2010 19:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had to migrate my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 and need to reinstall PowerDVD 9. When I bought it, I downloaded it so I don't have a disc. How can I download it again to reinstall it. I have the key.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
You will not be able to download the full version, only the trial version which cannot be activated.
When downloading a program, you should ALWAYS make a copy and store on an external drive or DVD for later re-installation purposes.
All you can do is to contact Technical Support, you will need to provide proof of purchase, explain that you have installed a new operating system and they may provide a new download link.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RifPro27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2011 23:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Crap, I just did this tonight. I installed a patch and screwed up PD 9. I read on the forums you have to uninstall the whole program and not the patches to fix it. I really, really hope I can download the program again without having to pay for it. I'm an idiot. Hi, dudes
RifPro27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2011 23:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
How long does it usually take for tech support to get back to me? I need to reinstall PD 9 soon because I have commitments on video edits.

Thanks,

Rif Pro Hi, dudes