Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 - button missing?
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2010 21:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm new to this forum and apologize if this has been answered before. I installed a trial version of PowerDVD10 and trying to play AVCHD folder as described on your site: *** link removed ***
Note as Step2 first line says 1. Click the first button on the bottom to select "Open media files" option. But the button IS NOT THERE! As you can see it's not even there on your own screen shot. The first button is "DVD" and it doesn't give you that option.

So where is it?

Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2010 22:28

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Peter,

That web site you referenced is not the CyberLink web site, so you shouldn't be quoting it as a reliable source. It might be a fan page or something.

Also, the Open media files button was removed for version 10, since there is now the Videos tab on the UI. Try clicking on the Videos tab and then browsing to the location of your AVCHD file on your computer.

However, if it is protected content, it might not play.

Dave
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, thank you for the quick answer and sorry, I thought it was a Cyberlink site.

I tried what you suggested by I still cannot play my own home videos when they are in the BD or AVCHD folder structure. I mean I can play the .m2ts files themselves but I cannot play the full BD or AVCHD directory in its full content which used to give me all the menus and subtitle options any more (like it used to in version 9).
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Oh, thank you for the quick answer and sorry, I thought it was a Cyberlink site. Removed the link.

I've tried what you suggested by I still cannot play my own home videos when they are in the BD or AVCHD folder structure. I mean I can play the .m2ts files themselves but I cannot play the full BD or AVCHD directory in its full content which used to give me all the menus and subtitle options any more (like it used to in version 9).
And yes - the folder structure is fine as I'm trying to play the same folders that work in version 9.
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok so after reading through the forums I found that PowerDVD 10 cannot play Bluray movies from a hard drive with all the menus like it can play DVDs.

My question is - will this functionality be brought back or is it a long stretch? It used to work well in version 9 where I could play my videos and personal compilations and see working all the menus and submenus including pop-ups. I'm not spending $100 for a software that can just play media files. I don't understand why was new version crippled while it should be an improvement over the last one.

Please bring back playing full BD and AVCHD content from the hard drive!