Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8 no audio
victoria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2010 14:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone please help me? I just bought an LG Portable Super Multi Drive (GP09 lite). It came with PowerDVD version 8, and I find that when trying to play store bought standard DVDs with Dolby Digital audio, I believe, I get no audio. A PowerDVD window pops up and says that my version of PowerDVD is nt compatible with Dolby Digital Audio and that I have to upgrade to PowerDVD 10. REally?

You mean I have a DVD drive that won't fully play movies that are 5+ years old??

I've tried playing the movies using Windows Media player and foudnt he same problem.

Should I uninstall PwerDVD and take the drive back?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

the OEM Version that is bundled with your drive does not support DolbyDigital decoding, as you already found out.

The OEM (LG in your case) decided not to bundle DolbyDigital decoders - so unfortunately you need to upgrade to a fullversion to enable DD decoding.

BR
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan