Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power dvd 10
gman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2010 17:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Could any1 please tell me how i access media files on the network and not just on the pc where power dvd is installed
David_H [Avatar]
Member Location: U.S. Joined: Jan 08, 2009 16:19 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Could any1 please tell me how i access media files on the network and not just on the pc where power dvd is installed

Hi gman,

Here is one way it is "supposed" to work: While in the Classic mode, click on the "Video" tab at the top of the PowerDVD 10 window. Use the scrollbar in the "Source" list along the left side of PowerDVD to scroll down to your network. Then click the little triangle icon to the left of "Network" to expand it and navigate to your video.

Sadly, it has numerous problems and doesn't seem to work as it should. For example: Sometimes the little triangle icons do not work. The first time I wanted to expand the "Network", I had to collapse "Computer" first. Then, after I expanded the "Network" list, the triangles next to the devices didn't work and I had to double-click on a device to see the list of drives on the right. As if that wasn't bad enough, many of the drives and folders on my network storage device failed to show up in the list.

The only way I could get it to work with the "Source" list was to map the drives on my network device as virtual drives (so they will each be assigned a drive letter by my PC). You have to do this with either the Windows Explorer or the Administrator Tools of Windows. Then they will show up under "Computer" in the "Source" list of the PowerDVD "Video" tab and you can navigate to your folders and files.

Good luck with it.

Kind regards, David
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear David,
dear gman,

the Network tab is intended to access DLNA/uPNP devices which provide multimedia files within a network.

The Network tab is not intended to be used like the same tab in Windows OS.

Please see quote from Help file:

to play a video file that is on a network (UPnP), click the Video tab, select Network in the Source pane, and then navigate to the location on the network that contains your video file or DVD folder. Double-click on a video file to begin playback. To play a DVD folder, select it and then click the play button.
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2010 12:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Cyberlink-Michael
i just upgrade from Power DVD 9 ULTRA to 10 ULTRA.
You can be pretty sure that if Cyberlink do not support the network in the same way as it was on the previous versions of Power DVD i will certainly not buy your next version.
Which genious told you that besides the regular network we want to setup DLNA/uPNP network??
I have 9 pc in my home network,one in every room and i want to watch the content of their hard drives form each one of them.
I through my money from the window just because someone in cyberlink desided that no longer the original windows network will not be available??????