Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slumdog Millionaire
RICHARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2010 00:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded my PowerDVD 8 Ultra to 10 and I was fooling around with it last night.

I was able to play Star Trek, Evangelion 1.1.1 but when I try Slumdog Millionaire, it just went BLACK. I will try my other BR Discs over the weekend

Here is my config:
i5 750, 4Gb RAM, ATI HD5770 1Gb Ram, LG dual drive

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium (with all lastest update)
video driver - 10.3 official (lastest)
PowerDVD - version 10 (lastest)

Any suggestion on how to solve it?
ROBERT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2010 11:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also unable to play Slumdog Millionaire on PowerDVD 10 Ultra.
David_H [Avatar]
Member Location: U.S. Joined: Jan 08, 2009 16:19 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard and Robert,

1 - Do you get any kind of error message? PowerDVD 10 Ultra wouldn't play the "District 9" blu-ray on my Windows XP system and I got the error message "unsupported format".

2 - Were you able to play the "Slumdog Millionaire" blu-ray with an older version of PowerDVD Ultra on the same computer? If the answer is "yes" then you should submit a Tech Support request to CyberLink.

3 - Do you have the latest firmware in your blu-ray drive? If not, update it and see if that fixes the problem. Manufacturers are forced to periodically provide firmware updates and it is well-known that some discs will not play without the latest firmware.

4 - Restart your PC, disconnect it from the internet (and all networks) and turn off all unnecessary software---including all antivirus, antispyware, antimalware and firewall software. Then try playing the movie again. This will test whether another program is interfering with the operation of PowerDVD 10 Ultra. Remember to turn back on your security software before you reconnect to the internet or another network.

5 - As a last resort, you could install a program like SlySoft's AnyDVD HD (www.slysoft.com) that removes the security from the blu-ray disc as it plays. It may fix the problem and you can try it for 21 days before you buy it. This is what I finally had to do to get "District 9" to play on my system.

Kind regards, David
RICHARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2010 00:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi David,

1, I got no error messages, it just went Black. I had "District 9" Blu Ray, but haven't tried playing it on my PC yet.

2, I just upgraded from PowerDVD 8 to 10, I don't want to reinstall 7 BR/HD version and then 8 Ultra upgrade, just to test this Blu Ray.

3, all firmware are the lastest.

4, Too much trouble.

5, tried it long time ago when I was still using Dual DVI (DHCP limited at 1900x1080 using DVI), it was a great software but kinda expensive. I now use Display Port with the DHCP limit can go up to 2560x1600.

I will just play it on my PS3. Thanks.

Regards,
Richard