Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Font not displaying.
Khenver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2010 12:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
just installed PowerDVD 10, and first thing I notice is that in the Video and Music tab no words are seen, also dialogue boxes and pretty much everything does not display any font, I can not play a movie as I cant navigate without seeing names of folders...I tried changing fonts and sizes but it did not help. I downloaded PowerDVD and there was no problem...

I am running this software on a SU7300 core2duo, 4GB ram, windows 7 Ultimate x64.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

what OS language do you use?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Khenver [Avatar]
[Post New]
English
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please post your DXDIAG log file and list your installed Antivirus Software?

Thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Khenver [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

can you please post your DXDIAG log file and list your installed Antivirus Software?

Thanks and Br
Michael

Hi,
I fixed it! Under Performance Option, visual effects tab I switched from "Adjust for best performance" to "Adjust for best appearance". Simple as that. Thanks for your quick replies, anyways.
[Post New]
Hi Khnver,

you mean in the settings for OS?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Marco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2010 02:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here.
Language of OS is Italian (win7 enterprise x64).
AV is Symantec Endpoint Protection x64 (normally disabled).
The problem is related to aero.
No way to enable fonts and text in powerdvd 9 or 10.
Tried also "best appearence" and no luck.
There's another older thread plenty of this problems.
I'm obliged to use another player....
I think that the definitive solution is to change the link to aero visualization themes to the normal windows fonts, but is a Cyberlink problem.
[Post New]
Dear MArco,

sorry but I do no get your point.

can you please describe which setting you change where?

I use AERO here and have all fonts visible...

without information where you set some setting we can not reproduce the issue....

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Marco [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think that is hard to reproduce the issue. Aero is not enabled on my system.
I've tried to enable it several times: it said is enabled but aero themes (and settings) are grayed out and no way (I'm a good technician) to let it work. No problem in the aero troubleshooter. I'm administrator.
Looking at Khenver solution (best appearnce/best performance) in windows advanced settings doesn't solved that issue. All menus and fonts in powerdvd 10 are not visible. In powerdvd 9 only the "show infomation" during playback is completely black (no fonts). Same (in powerdvd 9) the moovie live window.
For my experience is an aero problem (btw aero is absolutely not important for my work) and powerdvd is the only software I own that uses aero to show menus and text.
Just reinstalled directx with the latest one (feb 2010) and reinstalled Catalyst 10.3.
My video card is a ATI 3650HD - Realtek Azalia sound card - 8GB unganged ram ddr2 - 6 HDD - os: win7 enterprise x64 italian.

hope this helps and thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2010 10:55

Marco [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you want to reproduce my error simply enable a classic theme instead of an aero one. PowerDVD 9 (and 10) are not able to display text in menus or in the info window without an aero theme enabled...
[Post New]
Hi Marco,

we reproduces this issue but I can not confirm any schedule when a fix can be released

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
This seems somewhat similar in regards to the Windows Aero and Classic display with this topic:

Here is the link to the topic and Frosby disabled the automatic change from Aero to Calssic display when Power DVD was started and the problem vanished.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10139.page
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Marco [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Michael and Kevin.
I can only wait for a fix now and in the meanwhile I use another DVD player.
Unfortunately the Frosby's trick doesn't help (tried several times in the past). The problem is similar but not the same.
There are a couple of other threads with the same behaviour I have without workarounds.
Thanks to everybody.
Marco [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello again,

just seen a patch about this issue for PowerDVD10.
Hope that the team is working on the same behaviour also on PowerDVD9 that has the same problem....
Marco [Avatar]
[Post New]
Correction...

this patch doesnt' solve the classic UI vs. AERO issue.....

The problem is still here