Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to stop powerdvd from automatically controlling system volume
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2010 06:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to be able to have separate volume controls for powerdvd and the system itself? Whenever i open up powerdvd the volume goes way up, this is really annoying when listening to headphones. if anyone has a solution to this problem i would be pleased if you would reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 07:09

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD stores the last volume setting and restores it when started the next time.

You may let us know what OS and Audio Chipset and driver you use

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Avatar]
[Post New]
thx for the reply. i'm using windows 7 with an intel high defenition audio driver.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can not reproduce here on Core i5 system.

only to make sure I got your point:
- you start PDVD and the volume is NOT the same value as on the last time you closed PDVD?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Avatar]
[Post New]
No, it is the same and that's the problem. i don't want powerdvd to remember its last volume. I want it to go to whatever my current system volume is. what I don't want it to do is change my system volume.