Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you just got PowerDVD9 can you get an upgrade to 10?
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
If you just got PowerDVD9 can you get an upgrade to 10? If so how?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard,

I believe you can if you purchased it within the last 30 days. Try contacting customer support or Digital River, if you got it from them.

Dave
Rikki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2007 02:44 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
i asked cyberlink about this and the following is their reply

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you have purchased the upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra software on 2010-02-06 and you wish to get the free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 software.

In regards to your concern, I want to inform you that our sales team offer a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10, as you have bought the PowerDVD 9 within 30 days prior to the launch of PowerDVD 10 software on March 17' 2010.

Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

If you will not receive the software by the end of April' 2010, then you can contact us back.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav
CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 09:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the upgrade to Ultra v9 on March 14th. They didn't send me a download / activation key until the 16th after I contacted the customer service people telling them I never got one.

Then, Ultra Version comes out on the 17th. I contacted the person (Joycyln D. at the online store who sent me the download link asking how I can get the version 10 instead of the version 9. She pretty much doesn't respond saying only to go to the site and buy it again.

I also started a support ticket with cyberlink. I have had no response after 3 days.

I don't really have a lot of time for this. If they are going to make me work this hard for an upgrade to the latest version released the same week I bought the version 9 Ultra, I'm not sure I care anymore. How important is an expensive dvd player these days anyway.

For some reason, I've been paying for every version of Power DVD since v2. Probably not going to do that anymore.

Disappointed
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
I did get a response stating that I would get an upgrade as I got it within 30days of the release of 10.

"Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

If you don't receive the software by the end of April, then you may get back to us."