Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Uninstall PowerDVD 8
VitaminArrr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2010 16:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem with my software installation.

Here is my system: Mac Pro (dual Intel Xeon E5500), 12gb RAM, Win 7 Ultimate 64, LG BHLS0820 Blu Ray drive.

The LG BHLS0820 (retail version) came with a Super Multi Blue installer that put Cyberlink Blu Ray Disk Suite onto my computer. This has Advisor, LabelPrint, MediaShow, Power2Go. Power2Go is version 6.0.0.2216.

As the installer for Super Multi Blue was running, it crashed during the install. I have two monitors. My secondary monitor went black and the main monitor showed a bunch of garbled-looking colors. I had to physically power off the computer in order to restart.

After I rebooted I downloaded and installed the PowerDVD 8 from the link on LG's website:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/lg/win7/enu/key.jsp

During the installs the errors it would give are things like "XXXX.ax Could Not Be Registered. Contact Product Support." I don't know what that means.

After this installed I tried to run PowerDVD 8 to play a Blu Ray movie, but it just crashes.

When I tried to uninstall it, the uninstaller will run but then it gets to a screen where it says "The InstallShield Wizard is removing CyberLink PowerDVD 8" and then there is a progress bar with no progress, where it gets stuck with this message: "Unpublishing product features" ... and it remains stuck until I would use the TaskManager to quit it (you can't close the window).

It never deletes any of the PowerDVD 8 files, links, or anything off of the drive. How can I manually delete them all, since apparently the InstallShield thing is broken?

Also, does the PowerDVD 8 version that I am putting on here work with Blu Ray movies or not? I thought it was supposed to work.

Please advise, thanks.

I'll try to create a support ticket as well, but I figured I'd post it here too in case anyone else has the same problem.
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Try this FAQ for a clean install, http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6700&prodId=1&prodVerId=454[url].