Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Startup Items
Claytonb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2010 01:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone please tell me what these do and if they are really needed in the startup folder

BDRegion - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\brs.exe
CLMLServer - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
UpdatePDRShortCut - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have PowerDVD also? BDRegion sounds like it sets the region for Blu-Ray discs.

I believe CLMLServer may be a library.

UpdatePDRShortCut - I don't know what that one is, but the name sounds like it checks for updates.

None of these are harmful, but if they bother you, try temporarily moving them from the Startup directory. They are just a shortcut to the actual file, so if you move them and don't have any trouble for a week or so, then just delete them, or keep them somewhere as a backup just in case you later find problems. I found them on my computer not in the Startup folder, but in MSCONFIG. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Missy3XL [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 02, 2011 18:34 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
I've just disabled the UpdatePDRShortcut in startup to try and fix a periodic Runtime Error on PD9 startup and it all works okay so far but will post if anything adverse happens.

Stephanie.