Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Output in PowerDVD 9 Ultra stuck in compare mode
Terry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2010 23:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Howdy:

I am using PowerDVD 9 Ultra with XP Multimedia OS. I wanted to see the compare mode and switched it over but now cannot switch it back to normal screen. Anyone got any ideas? It was running great before I got curious about the compare. Is there a reset to standard settings anywhere?

Any help welcome. Thanks for the input.
Terry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Howdy:

This problem was resolved by CyberLink Technical Support. Their response to my problem was terrific. Thank you CyberLink Technical Support.

Terry
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Terry,

Glad your issue was resolved!!

By the way other members may benefit from the Technical Support Solution....What was the answer?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Terry [Avatar]
[Post New]
First, I had to set the msconfig file to "Load Startup Items" and restart the computer. I then had to Shutdown all virus and anti-spyware, remove all pop-up blockers and shut down all third party firewalls. I then loaded PowerDVD Ultra (build:1501) and installed the 2528 patch.

I proceeded by resetting all of the programs that I disabled.

I haven't had a problem since but I didn't have a lot of time to play around with the system. I will experiment more this weekend. Prior to the crash, I was really getting into the total improvement of my home theater system. The picture improved on my Sharp LCD projector and the sound system was fantastic.

I rate PowerDVD Ultra a 10+ and the technical support is unbelievable!

Terry
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Terry,

It always helps to share the solutions with everyone....because you never know.....I might need the answer you got!! :thumbup

So thank you very much for all the information!!

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.