Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error 0107
Jorge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2008 10:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Can not play Blu-Ray disks, I get error 0107, tells me to switch to analog cable.

I used to be able to play Blu-Ray before with my DVI cable, but now I cant. I think this started happening after I downloaded one of the patch updates PowerDVD requires accationally.

Customer support has not been able to help me. BD Advisor checks-out everything OK my monitor is HDCP compliant and I have a BD-rom, also I have the latest drivers for my ATI 2900XT's and they are also HDCP complyant. Like I said it worked before...

Windows XP pro
PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra, and customer support just gave me 8 Ultra, still error 0107.

See attatched DxDiag file, and a link to the BD advisor
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
688 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_JORGE1_2010_02_21_17_48_00.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
456 time(s)
Matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2010 23:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem. Been working fine on PowerDVD 9 since December. Then I got Boondock Saints II and started getting CODE=0107. I thought it needed an update, but the update didn't fix it. I sent the movie back unwatched not wanting to deal with it. Then I get Pirate Radio and I'm getting the same problem.

I thought maybe and update had caused the problem but the only things it looked like got installed / updated were Java and Google Earth. I uninstalled both and it didn't fix it.

I upgraded to PowerDVD 10 Ultra and it still won't play a Blu-Ray. The only thing that looks different is that now when it tries to play a Blu-Ray it flickers the screen to black several times before the error comes up. I don't remember the screen flikering like this before when it was working.

Last thing I tried was uinstalling PowerDVD 10 and rebooting then reinstalling it. Didn't fix anyting.

Attached are my BDAdvisor Logs.

Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_TECH-MCE01_2010_06_20_21_39_38.html
[Disk]
 Description
BDAdvisor PowerDVD 10.0.1714.01 ATI Driver 8.741.0.0
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
464 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_TECH-MCE01_2010_05_26_21_00_22.html
[Disk]
 Description
BDAdvisor PowerDVD 9.0.2528 ATI Driver 8.681.0.0
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
506 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_TECH-MCE01_2010_06_06_10_02_55.html
[Disk]
 Description
BDAdvisor PowerDVD 10.0.1705.51 ATI Driver 8.681.0.0
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
568 time(s)
Jorge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Download AnyDVD From SlySoft.com and your problems will be over. The problem is with powerdvd they dont have all the new codes to be able to play the new Blu-Ray's, but if you download AnyDVD even the trial version it breaks the codes and enables PowerDVD to work again.
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's not a codec issue.

I'm more interested in fixing the PowerDVD problem in the moment than working around it.
Jorge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Im Sorry you may have missinterprited me when I said codes, I did not mean codecs. What I was refering to was the new encription codes that Sony puts on all new Blue-Ray's. The real problem is and PowerDVD will not tell you, is that PowerDVD has not been Paying Sony Pictures for the new unlock keys for the new encription codes that come with all their new Ble-Ray thus permitting you to play Blue-ray over digital cables. This is a copy protect thing... SlySoft is a company that dedicates itself and has developed software like "AnyDVDHD" that scans the Blu-Ray breaks, and unlocks the encriptions. It Resolved my PowerDVD problem. I downloaded AnyDVDHD from SlySoft.com and now when I load a Blu-Ray AnyDVD scans it, unlocks it and PowerDVD automaticly starts up and starts playing it. Its great that was the problem, no more error 0107. The free trial version works and when it would expire I would deleat it and download a new version. I have since purchased the the full version because they continually send me updates with new encription code breakers
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
No it was I that typo'd.

It's not a code issue. It won't play any blue ray movies, even ones that played fine in the past.

I am familiar with Slysoft's software. I have used them in the past, but I refuse to pay almost $90 for a piece of software, to fix another piece of software.
Jorge [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you are getting error 0107... I hoped that I could help you, because I remember I was so frustrated when this was happening to me, I had bought PowerDVD like you just to be able to play Blu-Ray on my computer and when it one day stopped working and like youreself started getting error 0107 switch to analog cable I was pissed-off, but fortunately someone in this forume helped me. Take care and good luck, hope you try what I suggested I think you will be pleasently surprised.
Rod [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2010 04:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The error message sends you on a wild goose chase!..............
In my case the error had nothing to do with using a digital signal !!!!!
If you are running 2 screens in "clone" mode then simply switch that off so that the signal only goes to the screen you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2010 07:10

Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
My problem was a loose HDMI cable...
azwildbill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I got the 0107 error message also. Nvidia control panel listed tv (Mitsubishi WD65737 ) as not HDCP capable when I just watched a blue ray the night before. That model is HDCP capable. Reinstalled software did not work. Read many forums and 1 person suggested unpluging the tv waiting 15 sec and repluging the tv outlet. Mitsubishi tvs are noted to have black screen of death and now HDCP capable issues.
DamonBurro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2012 23:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Download AnyDVD From SlySoft.com and your problems will be over. The problem is with powerdvd they dont have all the new codes to be able to play the new Blu-Ray's, but if you download AnyDVD even the trial version it breaks the codes and enables PowerDVD to work again.

TOTALLY worked for me with this error code.

Just downloaded AnyDVD, restarted -- it accessed the disk, then I could play in PowerDVD.
Jeliaz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2012 22:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

AnyDVD fixed the issue for me, too, however I have the following question:

In order this to work I need first to start AnyDVD every time - as if it starts some process and loads something that fixes the PowerDVD 9 (Version 9.0.3530.52) error 0107. However, after a fresh reboot the PowerDVD 9 does not work and gives the same error.

As AnyDVD is a trial version was wondering what would I need to do after 21 days it expires.

Do you have a fix, so that it does not require to start AnyDVD first.

I tried upgrading to the latest PowerDVD 9 and actually broke it, so I had to uninstall and reinstall the OEM version I received with the LG BD Writer - WH12LS39.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,