Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9.0.2528 doesn't start on graphics resolution higher then 1920x1080
Holger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 18:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear all,

fyi

Don't install patch 2528 if you're running graphics resolution higher then 1920x1080. PowerDVD will not start at all. I made this unfortunate experience at 2560x1600. Cyberlink support instructed me to reduce graphics res down to 1920x1080 wich is not feasible for me.

I can only suggest their product management to get rid of this graphics resolution checking "feature".

cheers
Holger
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Holger,

the reported issues has been forwarded to the related departments

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2010 02:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
In addition, this problem exists for systems with a secondary monitor at a valid resolution. My primary monitor is in portrait mode - that's the way I want it for about a hundred reasons. My secondary monitor is 2560 x 1600 in landscape mode. I would not mind terribly reducing the resolution if that would solve the problem, but it doesn't, because PowerDvd doesn't even check it.

* Please disable resolution checking if possible - replace it with a warning message.

* If the software cannot run in certain resolutions, check the resolution of all the monitors and start the program in the first monitor which is compatible.

* Better yet, ask the user which monitor to use, and prompt to automatically to reduce the resolution to the optimum value, then set the resolution back to the original when the program closes. I know this can be easily programmed in C++ in 3-5 days.

* BTW, this is a design change in what is essentially a point release, and judging from the wording of the error message and the fatal behavior, it looks like a programmer made the decision to do this at the last minute. Considering the impact, it would have been helpful to a) provide a warning during installation, b) provide a more descriptive error message, and c) document the restriction in the ReadMe file.

I look forward to a fix.

P.S. the verification code doesn't work in the online support request form, at least not for the code I got.

VISTA64 Ultimate SP2, P7, ATI 5700, 2xDisplayPort, DVD9Ultra2528, AVG 9.0.730
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Holger,

can you please let me know which Version you used before updating to v2528?

Currently we can not reproduce your reported issue and want to learn more about your system setup and configuration before the issue happened.

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2010 02:27

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Holger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 18:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

I have pretty much the same configuration as Nick:

primary monitor, landscape, 2560x1600
secondary monitor, portrait, 1024x1280

I was using, and I'm using now again since it works, v2320a.

Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, driver 196.21

I hope it helps

br
Holger

[Post New]
thanks - we will try to reprodcue again Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan